Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Pacific Kansas City

Default Canadian Pacific Kansas City

Kansas City Southern will merge with the Canadian Pacific, and the Canadian National has withdrawn their offer (in exchange for a payment of $1,400,000,000.00). The newly merged company has announced that the name will be "Canadian Pacific Kansas City".

It was a strange roller coaster ride between the two companies. Keith Creel finally has the last laugh it seems. I've been watching the stock price for both as well, to see if I can add any shares. I sold off CN shares right before TCI management started ruffling the feathers of the CN executive team that mishandled the KSU deal so bad. But hey...I'm looking to get back in at a good price if they get their operations back on track.
    Rory

Amazing. I knew they were making a final big push for the deal. I just got back from CP's Bensenville Yard. Will be neat to see some more KCS power trickle in as things move forward. Always liked the paint scheme, so hope it lasts for awhile.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Dunno.... I didn't think CP had the money to spend on this before CN raised the price, and now they're paying an extra 10% above what they started at, not including the $700M going to CN.

Has this been approved by the transportation board or whatever it's called to prevent monopolies?

Thanks

Sean

Not yet, but given this is a mostly end to end merger (few overlaps), it's assumed it will go thru with few conditions or concessions demanded. KCS+CN had overlaps and some market concentration concerns that KCS+CP won't have to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

But then again, CNW+UP was an end-to-end merger and there were plenty of parked trains everywhere. And this was before all the fat trimming and asset sweating of PSR that removed any margin for error.

Resistance will come from supply chain disruption fears.

Utterly stupid name, by the way. I really wanted a "Canadian National Mobile & Ohio" to be the resulting company name from the CN-IC merger.

CPKC is just another way of killing off jobs, trains, etc. How people, especially the railfan community, don't see this, is beyond me.

I guess they care more about their silly crap photography than they do people trying to make a living, supporting their families.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    ....How people, especially the railfan community, don't see this, is beyond me. .....
    And what difference would it make if they did see it??
    Since when has a railfan's opinion influenced a commercial decision?!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    CPKC is just another way of killing off jobs, trains, etc. How people, especially the railfan community, don't see this, is beyond me.

I guess they care more about their silly crap photography than they do people trying to make a living, supporting their families.
    Jobs might go away at the general offices and some groups like sales, but the operational departments likely won't see much impact.

How do you figure trains will be cut?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk