Thread: Signal "turns off" after passing it on a MSTS route

Default Signal "turns off" after passing it on a MSTS route

I'm having a problem with some semaphore signals in an old MSTS route from 2007 (NYC Subway & Elevated 1904).

The signal works as both home and distant, but when I pass it (any instance of this signal on the route) the lights of the signal turn off and the arms don't move from their lowered position. I think this type of signal is the only one on this route that gives me this problem, as other semaphore signals (either mast or dwarf) work with no problems. I tested on MSTS and the signal works correctly there.

This signal is called "IRT LQSemaphore Auto Signal", name of the shape "irtlqsem_homedistant.s".

I want to post the contents of the files sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat but I can't post them entirely as code, nor attach them.

Put them in a .zip file

I'm sharing the files through Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18cb...ew?usp=sharing

Ive had this issue before on a couple of Bob Wirth's old routes. The problem turned out to be a "mismatch" between what the signal logic file wanted to display vs what the signal configuration file showed the signal could display. The cfg file for the particular signal showed it was only capable of displaying clear, approach, and stop but the script file wanted it to display clear, approach, restricting and stop and proceed. Since the signal could not show restricting and stop and proceed once it was passed by a train the arm would not move and the light would go dark. Adding the stop and proceed and restricting aspects to the signal cfg for that particular signal fixed the problem. I am not sure if this is what is happening to you but it might be worth a look.
    Will

This issue was solved over on ET, and if I remember right, was exactly that