Thread: Unable to use TSRE in Full Bucket Line route

Default Unable to use TSRE in Full Bucket Line route

Hi Guys, I recently downloaded the FBL (after first running it around 15 years ago). The route and activities all look and work perfectly but when I go into the route using TSRE in order to add items its like the ground doesn't exist, there's just white instead of ground texture and I'm unable to add anything. TSRE is working fine in all other routes, it's just the Full Bucket Line that I'm having a problem with. Any ideas please

Nick.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Worth noting that this is an extension of this thread: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...61#post1992261

I will note that if scenic objects are appearing, that means the world files are being read. If the terrain is not appearing, the first thing I would look for is errors having to do with the Tiles or route geometry (to use an MSTS term).

Northern Virginia, United States of America

Eureka!

I was poking around in the folders and discovered that the td_idx.dat file was missing from the FBL's TD folder. As a bodge fix I copied one from another route and edited it slightly to match the .td file in the folder. I now have terrain in TSRE5 and successfully made some minor edits to the route.

I copied the td_idx.dat from Paul Charland's Conn River route. This is what it looked like after I edited it:

Code:
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0D0t______

terrain_desc (
    	terrain_desc_size ( 67108864 )
    	Depth ( 6 )
    	terrain_desc_tiles (
    		TdFile ( -26 27 )
    	)
    )
    I don't know the details of the desc_size and Depth numbers or what they actually mean, so this calls for one with more wisdom than I. However, this bodge fix does appear to work throughout the route.

This is a move in the right direction anyways.

Hi fleegle411,

Well done, Sir It appears that most (?all?) routes have that file in their Td folder, but it doesn't seem to be used by MSTS RE!!
    I can confirm that the terrain is now displayed in TSRE for FBL v3.03 and v3.01

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 09-27-2021 at 12:13 PM.

My copy of the FBL2 (FBLine2 ) Route has a td_idx.dat file in the TD folder. It matches what you have done, Fleegle.
    I installed this route yesterday, downloaded from the FBL web site, which still has a copy of FBL1 for download, plus all the other original versions of the route and fixes. http://www.fullbucket.com/msts/

Code:

terrain_desc (
    	Depth ( 6 )
    	terrain_desc_tiles (
    		TdFile ( -26 27 )
    	)
    )
    Nice piece of work, fleegle411!
    Last edited by R. Steele; 09-27-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by fleegle411 View Post
    Eureka!

I was poking around in the folders and discovered that the td_idx.dat file was missing from the FBL's TD folder. As a bodge fix I copied one from another route and edited it slightly to match the .td file in the folder. I now have terrain in TSRE5 and successfully made some minor edits to the route.

I copied the td_idx.dat from Paul Charland's Conn River route. This is what it looked like after I edited it:

Code:

terrain_desc (
    	Depth ( 6 )
    	terrain_desc_tiles (
    		TdFile ( -26 27 )
    	)
    )
    I don't know the details of the desc_size and Depth numbers or what they actually mean, so this calls for one with more wisdom than I. However, this bodge fix does appear to work throughout the route.

This is a move in the right direction anyways.
    A thousands thanks to you sir! I've applied the fix and can report that TSRE is now working correctly.

Nick
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...