Thread: TS2022 now available.

Default TS2022 now available.

I logged onto Steam last night and my game automatically updated to TS2022, DTG kept that a bit quiet didn't they? Anyway, several files have changed, and I created a new shortcut for my Railworks 64bit.exe just in case the other one has been superceded. I can't see an awful lot of change in the 2 routes I drove on, like normal DTG I think everything is just cosmetic and aesthetic, have fun in 2022 folks.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

They announced a Sept 30th release Steve.

The main feature of joy and wonderment, is "fastload".

As far as i know there are no other updates to the core game.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    I logged onto Steam last night and my game automatically updated to TS2022, DTG kept that a bit quiet didn't they? Anyway, several files have changed, and I created a new shortcut for my Railworks 64bit.exe just in case the other one has been superceded. I can't see an awful lot of change in the 2 routes I drove on, like normal DTG I think everything is just cosmetic and aesthetic, have fun in 2022 folks.

Cheerz. Steve.
    That's why you need to keep it off line. You don't want it, don't ever go online. And of course there's no big change. There hardly ever is. But what all new bugs are there now and how much non DTG content did it scramble to the point of no longer working or out right throw out?

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    That's why you need to keep it off line. You don't want it, don't ever go online. And of course there's no big change. There hardly ever is. But what all new bugs are there now and how much non DTG content did it scramble to the point of no longer working or out right throw out?
    Haven't seen any new bugs YET, I'm sure anything untoward will be advertised on various forums, give it time.......I don't think DTG would throw out any 3rd party stuff, it's exactly that that has kept the game going for the last couple of years, I've only obtained 1 DTG offering so far this year and that was the German route Riesa - Dresden, back in February, everything else is 3rd party DLC, particularly the American routes and locos.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Haven't seen any new bugs YET, I'm sure anything untoward will be advertised on various forums, give it time.......I don't think DTG would throw out any 3rd party stuff, it's exactly that that has kept the game going for the last couple of years, I've only obtained 1 DTG offering so far this year and that was the German route Riesa - Dresden, back in February, everything else is 3rd party DLC, particularly the American routes and locos.

Cheerz. Steve.
    The last Item I bought was DTG's Tehachapi route. So of course one has to go online to download it. So I get 2021 forced down my throat. This is WHY you should keep backups of your files. Just like it did for the two before that, 1/4 of my third party content went bye-bye either failing to work, or was out right deleted. All the commercial routes I altered were reverted back to their original state. And all the AP files I unzipped were back in a AP format. And I get a out of memory error every time I use the blueprint editor even though it doesn't crash the sim or mess up whatever I'm working on within the blueprint editor. I suspect 2022 might do all that as well which is why I'll avoid as long as I can. Maybe this is not the case with everyone. My friend went thru the same thing as well. So, if you download 2022, make SURE you backup the whole lot cause my hunch is you'll be thankful you did.

Updated with no issues and have a ton of mods and third party stuff. Have no idea anything would be wiped out with this update.

I thought there were supposed to be 2 new routes with the 2022 version, but I can't see any.

You have to buy the routes as DLC.
    Vern.

You are probably thinking of the Deluxe Edition release @BigBravo21

Or route releases that came after TS2022 was out.
    Yma O Hyd