Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Railroads Online

Looks interesting. Buyer beware if DTG or NV3 is involved.

There are 3 YouTube posts by what I think is the development team. And they are not afraid to show the good, the bad, and the down right ugly regarding development of their new toy. They even have a vid on using Blender. I didn't watch that one, I'm not a big Blender fan so I don't know what all they talk about in that one.

It's been on the go since 2018, and was showing a 19th Century American route first off, it says it's an online co-op, not exactly sure what that entails, but, it looks OK, if you want the whole package it's about £30, not my cup of tea, really.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

That's a fair whack at the hip pocket for an early release...and one that already has a mixed reception.

But thanks for the link, Mike.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Not my thing boys, but thought it was worth passing on the info.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Pretty expensive with some very mixed reviews. Think I'll pass on this until/if it gets developed further.

Quote Originally Posted by BNSF4723 View Post
    Pretty expensive with some very mixed reviews. Think I'll pass on this until/if it gets developed further.
    That's the line I'm taking. Pass for now and see how further development goes. Some of us have seen/been victim of early releases that go nowhere.

That got my attention. I'm not too worried about the mixed reviews so much. I remember Run8 had people bitching about it not having frogs etc. when it was first released. Just found out about this one, so now I need to see the youtube videos and the first play videos. I'm certainly going to take a look.

Thanks

Sean

OK I see plenty of German videos does anyone have a let's play series. Apparently this has been in development for a while but that is the first I've heard of it and it was released today.

Most of the negative reviews are complaining about not being early access and too expensive. But I'm hungry to see more on this. I don't see any involvement with DTG etc.

Not sure if I want to go through development live streams but perhaps I'll take a look.

Thanks

Sean