Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No email received after 1-11 3dTrains purchase

Default No email received after 1-11 3dTrains purchase

Hello all,

On 1-11, I made a purchase from 3dTrains and still haven't received the email with download links and the activation code. I have emailed their support, and Mr. Nelson directly, and have not heard anything back as of yet. I verified that my PayPal email is correct, and I have checked the spam folder in my Gmail account.

Does anybody know if there is something going on at 3dTrains? I have bought from them before, and files were always delivered within the 24-hour timeframe.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by INRDfan View Post
    Hello all,

On 1-11, I made a purchase from 3dTrains and still haven't received the email with download links and the activation code. I have emailed their support, and Mr. Nelson directly, and have not heard anything back as of yet. I verified that my PayPal email is correct, and I have checked the spam folder in my Gmail account.

Does anybody know if there is something going on at 3dTrains? I have bought from them before, and files were always delivered within the 24-hour timeframe.

Thank you.

And as I have posted on the 3dTrains forum, those of us with moderator status have not heard anything either. Emails (sent yesterday) to other 3dTrains Admin have not been answered.
    Charles

I didn't think to check the 3dTrains forum. Thank you for the information.

Lights may still be on but there's nobody home at 3dTrains. After 6 days and no response to email, forum queries, I tasked Paypal to refund payment for a recent order, waited long enough. Wish I could have gotten the order, tried, but no joy.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

These aren't 24/7 businesses... Marc has almost always responded within a week.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    These aren't 24/7 businesses......
    In that case he (and they) should set up an automated email reply for the period that they are away from the office. It's not hard to do and certainly adds a professional touch.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

If this were a "business" generating a couple sales a week, you might have a point, but that still requires monitoring.

I see a bunch of sales at DigitalRails when I have a new/update release or run a targeted promo, but that slows down to maybe one sale every other month for the rest of the year. It wouldn't surprise me if 3DT is seeing similar volume given Marc's not actively producing new content.

If volumes are low, it's easy to stop monitoring the inbox.

My suggestion would be to find a new provider which can do unattended sales.

Gumroad has worked well for me on very low volumes. Pretty certain it can work with individual license keys but then the problem becomes forum access and support.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

If this were a "business" generating a couple sales a week, you might have a point, ...
    I have already made my point.
    It's not freeware. It is a business in that it fits one of the definitions - "a commercial activity".
    It doesn't matter if there is one sale a week or month or year: so long as a charge is being made for what is on offer then it is a business.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

We can argue semantics all day long.... By definition, commercial activity involves selling for a profit, and nobody's making a profit on one or two sales a week/month/year.

If anything, most of the payware being generated for ORTS/MSTS would qualify as a hobby where someone's offering up goods at cost or a loss.

We can argue semantics all day long....
    But you can't argue that it's not poor service, a vendor not acting in good faith - ignoring customer orders for whatever reason. And as we can see right here in front of our eyes, it's damaging the vendor's reputation in an awful way.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer