https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmI3sB1ShI

It's called Railroads Online!

I guess the ! is important

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Found one finally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMmI3sB1ShI

It's called Railroads Online!

I guess the ! is important
    You would think the way search engines work, typing it out exactly would have come back as being too specific......

This is why they call us foamers. We go out in crappy weather, and tick infested grass to see our favorite trains. So there is a few bugs. There is something magical about this. You can modify any of your rolling stock and track. I believe the map is part of the world and can't be modified except for changing grades, roadbed, and removing trees.

I'm about ready to buy, and be the idiot foamer who froze his behind just to find out no train was coming

Thanks

Sean

Bought it!

Now I'm sleep deprived on a Sunday, see what you made me do Trust me that is a good feeling again! This is the best recommedation you've had yet. Surprised it's not your thing, but that's cool. Yes there is multiplayer but there is quite a bit of repeat playability and creativity with this. More important for me there is an actual operation once you build your empire. I finished at just before 1:30am yesterday (after waking up at 6:15am the day prior - thought I was going to develop something but nope I procrastinated again). I didn't get to sleep until around 3:30am this morning first woke at 7:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I can tell I could of used the rest but I don't care it's Sunday and I'll take a nap later when my son takes the controls of his own save game.

There are 10 save game slots allowing you to build multiple variations or if you have a loved one you want to share with that's the way we roll. My last stream of the night was 4 hours and to be honest it was a bit boring. Trying to figure this thing out.

Let's start with the negative. This needs a tutorial or manual BAD! There simply was not enough videos out there showing how to do simple things like couple. 1880 couplers appear to be simple enough but they weren't working for me (though I know they work because I lucked out once and got them to work). How to do proper curves is another big one. Like many these days they pefer to support on Discord and for some reason I can't get it to work.

There are still bugs and the big complaint you will see is that this is NOT a finished product, overvalued for early access. But for me this is not an issue simply because there is so much to do and explore. Yes it took me hours to get construction finished to the logging camp. I had to overcome hills, grades, you name it. The Unreal engine world is very interesting. I believe I heard there was a 5 digit number of trees in the world. Well guess what you can try to remove every one of them but for now this is what costs you $2 a shot in the sim. For some reason ballast, rail, and bridges does not. However new equipment outside the car and engine you start with will cost you.

Yes there is multiplayer and when my son and I are comfortable provided it will run on his computer I will gift him a copy. However there is plenty to do in single player at the moment. Much more development is planned and they seem to be in this from the long run.

Their last game some say was not complete. But it was on a different game engine from what I can tell. This is much more appealing and beautiful. I can't recommend this enough at this time. But beware I'm still in early stages. I can't even figure out how to couple poperly.

I'll keep you posted here how this journey goes.

Thanks

Sean

Nice one Sean, one satisfied customer anyway

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Now I'm sleep deprived on a Sunday, see what you made me do Trust me that is a good feeling again! This is the best recommedation you've had yet. Surprised it's not your thing, but that's cool. Yes there is multiplayer but there is quite a bit of repeat playability and creativity with this. More important for me there is an actual operation once you build your empire. I finished at just before 1:30am yesterday (after waking up at 6:15am the day prior - thought I was going to develop something but nope I procrastinated again). I didn't get to sleep until around 3:30am this morning first woke at 7:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I can tell I could of used the rest but I don't care it's Sunday and I'll take a nap later when my son takes the controls of his own save game.

There are 10 save game slots allowing you to build multiple variations or if you have a loved one you want to share with that's the way we roll. My last stream of the night was 4 hours and to be honest it was a bit boring. Trying to figure this thing out.

Let's start with the negative. This needs a tutorial or manual BAD! There simply was not enough videos out there showing how to do simple things like couple. 1880 couplers appear to be simple enough but they weren't working for me (though I know they work because I lucked out once and got them to work). How to do proper curves is another big one. Like many these days they pefer to support on Discord and for some reason I can't get it to work.

There are still bugs and the big complaint you will see is that this is NOT a finished product, overvalued for early access. But for me this is not an issue simply because there is so much to do and explore. Yes it took me hours to get construction finished to the logging camp. I had to overcome hills, grades, you name it. The Unreal engine world is very interesting. I believe I heard there was a 5 digit number of trees in the world. Well guess what you can try to remove every one of them but for now this is what costs you $2 a shot in the sim. For some reason ballast, rail, and bridges does not. However new equipment outside the car and engine you start with will cost you.

Yes there is multiplayer and when my son and I are comfortable provided it will run on his computer I will gift him a copy. However there is plenty to do in single player at the moment. Much more development is planned and they seem to be in this from the long run.

Their last game some say was not complete. But it was on a different game engine from what I can tell. This is much more appealing and beautiful. I can't recommend this enough at this time. But beware I'm still in early stages. I can't even figure out how to couple poperly.

I'll keep you posted here how this journey goes.

Thanks

Sean
    Do you see anything yet that this thing might at some point support DEM data? That would be a must for me.

Can't say for sure but I doubt it. The devs talked about the Steam workshop being able to do things, but the way the sim is now it's a world that is created with industries. The tress that are removed, tracks, and all structures and yards used are in the hands of the user(s) of each map. The maps can be saved and then hosted of course allowing other clients to join.

I now know of a few RTS community members who have purchased the sim. I'm making prepartions now to begin hosting once again later this week under the RO platform. Testing should begin tomorrow evening, and I'll make a post to my community for positions available for applications.

RTS will then hire on about half a dozen by the end of the week and expand as the organization brings more customers and equipment online.

Thanks

Sean

Here's poor Betsy push-in up daisies

20211004232932_1.jpg

I had some fun with the hand car jumping a switch. Apparently there is an attempt to stop cars or train at a frog where the points are against you. The hand car loved that

Thanks

Sean