Thread: To steam or not to steam, that's the Q

Default To steam or not to steam, that's the Q

As Sott pointed out in another tread there are very little steam engines in MSTS for American user compering with how it is for German user. Maybe that we've steam running on our railways up to the 70/80th in Europe that we have lots of models, payware and freeware to choise from. In US they kicked out steam engines in the 50/60th Is that why?
    Last edited by Lurker57; 10-02-2021 at 08:12 AM.

I'm not sure I'd agree that there aren't many North American steam models available.

Just about ever production model I've been interested in has a MSTS or ORTS version available here or on Elvas Tower.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I run North American steamers , both standard and narrow gauge , almost exclusively . All my models are from TrainSim and Elvas Tower . Some models are older than others but if a person can't find enough good steamers to run in those libraries then he's not looking in the right places . I've been running some of those models for almost 20 years and some of the older stuff is still quite acceptable to me . Mind you - - I've touched up some of the older models and changed or added newer options from " ORTS " which also helps to update .
    Works for me !

I dunno, some things like spinach, I prefer saute to steam. ( it's saturday & I just got up -- not a good excuse. )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Folks,

Hah - well you can guess where I fall.

While I prefer to “roll my own” - there are a few classic I still enjoy to run. Most are pretty old and built within the early limitations of MSTS. It seemed we had far more content creators back in the early days of MSTS than we’ve seen lately. It seems modern trains do gather far more enthusiasm - than the small steam niche. So many steam locomotives - so little time.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    I dunno, some things like spinach, I prefer saute to steam. ( it's saturday & I just got up -- not a good excuse. )
    Go for it, it's 4am and I have already had my first laugh of the day. Thanks.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

Everything humans do is STEAM powered ( even diesels )

Science-Technology-Engineering-Art-Math ( some would say the last should be Meetings )
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.