Thread: Consist editor

Default Consist editor

Just installed TSRE and after much searching and trying to understand how to get it up and running I have a question.

When I open TSRE Consist Builder I get 2 screens that open. One Simply says TSRE Consist builder and displays the path to the train sim. The second screen is titled Consist Editor and also displays the path but I can open the editor from that screen and it functions ok. (Gonna take a while to get used to this!!)

Just wondering why it opens 2 screens when I only need the editor screen?

Thanks,
    dave
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Dave,

One of them is the DOS batch file used to get the consist editor up and running. You can close it any time.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    Dave,

One of them is the DOS batch file used to get the consist editor up and running. You can close it any time.

Randy
    Randy, I'm a novice with batch files...here's the situation with TSRE-CE
    Win7: recently my HD crashed and I installed a new disk, reloaded OS...previously when I closed the dos bat window the CE stayed open, now it closes along with the doc bat window. Also works like this in the laptop ( Win10 OS ) .... close bat window -- CE closes.

Bat window: TSRE5_v0.7.002.exe --conedit
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks guys. I do close the batch file but each time I open the editor the batch file window appears again. Not a big deal, easy to close. I just wanted to be certain that this was normal.

Now I have to learn how to use this editor. Always have used the old Consist Builder for years but don't see a download for that anymore although I had a registered version on my old HD that crapped.
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Quote Originally Posted by prr4ever View Post
    ... Always have used the old Consist Builder for years but don't see a download for that anymore although I had a registered version on my old HD that crapped.
    Dave there is a download for ConBuilder in the library >>> cb249.zip
    You still can go to the ConBuilder forum, you can get support there.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks. Went to the forum, downloaded, asks for a serial# to install. Sent an E-mail to CB support for a serial number, along with my registration number.
    Dave Kolbenschlag