Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American or European routes in progress

I have a few.. Tinkering on them here and there.. Some may be released publicly, others are currently static displays for certain equipment..

1) Maine Central Mountain Division (Portland, ME to St. Johnsbury, VT, plus Beecher Falls, VT, based in 1978-1982 era)
    This line will be done and released in it's entirety.

2) Canadian Pacific Railway Moosehead Subdivision. (Jackman, ME to Brownville Jct, ME, based in the 2021 era)
    Currently just to be a 10-15 mile display case to show off equipment of the CPRS from TrainSimulations, and others.

3) Eastern Maine Railway[NBSR] Mattawamkeag Subdivision (Brownville Jct, ME to Vanceboro, ME, based in the 2021 era)
    Currently just to be a 10-15 mile display case to show off equipment of the NBSR, EMRY, NMRY.

4) Maine Central Rumford Branch (Leeds Jct, ME to Rumford, ME, Based in 2021, for my fictional route, wont be released)
    This is something I have always wanted since I got involved. After several fails and retries, loss of route from computer issues, etc, it's a small 45 mile route I want to tinker on for my fictional/freelance railroad.

5) VRS Rutland Terminal (Hoosick Jct, NY to Burlington, VT and Whitehall, NY to Bellows Falls, VT via Rutland, VT, 2018-2021 era)
    This is a large task in it self, including four different subdivisions of the Vermont Railway System, and three branch lines. Roughly 215 miles.

6) Pan Am Southern Patriot Corridor (Ayer, MA to Rotterdam Jct, NY, 2018 era)
    I originally started this several years ago as an attempt to have for Maple Leaf Tracks, as an addon towards their D&H route. Hoping to pick this up again with all new terrain and push forward, but not for MLT.

Main focus are the MEC Mountain Division, and VRS Rutland Terminal. The rest are just something I tinker on here and there to take a break from these two so I don't get totally burned out focusing on one route.

Personally I still want to take on the task of Guilford Rail Systems entire line from Mattawamkeag, ME to Rotterdam Jct, NY, split into their original "four" districts, based in the 2001-2005 era, before Pan Am became involved, but, that's high hopes, and well over 1000 miles of track to deal with, including several large yards such as Waterville, Rigby, East Deerfield.. Meh.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

At the top of the Route Design Forum there's a "What US Routes are Underway" sticky. Just thought I'd point it out.

But since you asked, I'll report (it's discussed elsewhere) that I'm extending the Blue Comet Lines. Elizabethport to Newark is done, and building westward from Elizabethport I have finished track and scenery (no interactive objects) as far as Belle Mead. Once I reach West Trenton I intend to build from Bound Brook to Bethlehem.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Cal-P: Last work done was adding a branch line between Elmira and Capay (serving Vacaville, Winters, and no where in particular before Capay). Track got just past Winders.

Goose Island: Trying to lay streets in downtown Chicago has been messed up by a bug in TSRE which uses the XYZ path data from the tsection file instead of the shapes own XYZ origin point to place the object on the ground. The issue here is I'm using arched road shapes and so the path has to be above the shapes origin. Aside from that mess I continue to add city-block sized model to the downtown area and so I have something in 56 of 86 of the city blocks that surround the elevated tracks of the Loop. This, plus the Milwaukee Trackage that runs from south of Union Station several miles to the north should result in a route with a huge amount of freight switching, the CTA elevated trains circling the loop and all of the Chicago Surface lines (streetcars) tracks inside the loop.

It's very clear that this will be a route you rotate your monitor to portrait mode to operate as the side to side view blocks are 40 or 50 feet away but the buildings you pass are 150-600 feet high.

Gotta find a solution for those streets....
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

Continuing to chip at the Industries along the Erie:
    Open Rails 2021-07-12 08-19-28.jpg

Ramapo Wheel and Foundry, Ramapo, NY. Haven't made the trillion poly railroad car wheel models they kept in their backyard yet.

Open Rails 2021-07-15 05-04-36.jpg

Industries at Hillburn. Town was across the river, out of sight here on the left. On the left is Rockland Power, Hillburn, though a seal wax manufacturer is in the near building by 1920. It used to be the Gas generation plant. The slabs on the right are for Ramapo Iron Works, mfr of the Ramapo Switchstands.

Open Rails 2021-07-15 05-05-36.jpg

Pulled back for the Ramapo Iron Works Car shop of 1920.

AmericanBrakeShoemainhall.jpg

Main Hall of American Brake Shoe, located between Mahwah, NJ and Suffern, NY.
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

I still have a few routes in the works that I'm plugging away on:

• Northshore/LTV is slowly progressing, but things are getting done. I was actually up on a recon trip last weekend.
    • CN's Northern MN (former DMIR and DWP) is moving a bit more slowly, but is progressing.

I also have several routes in early production that may or may not ever be finished:

• BNSF Lakes and Casco Subs
    • BNSF Hinckley Sub. plus some now-removed branches and St. Croix Valley RR
    • BNSF Brainerd Sub.
    • Soo Brooten and Bemidji Subs
    • Soo Danbury and Barron Subs
    • NP line from Brainerd to Int'l Falls, MN (former Minn. & International)
    • NP line from Duluth/Superior to the Twin Cities
    • A big mess of former logging lines across the Arrowhead region that I'm using as a semi-fictional route

If I don't make the attempt to finish them, they'll find their way to the F/L

On the subject of objects, I also have a few of those in the works:

• Yet more signal systems
    • Signal control boxes
    • A basic set of traffic lights
    • Crossing signal shape upgrades, along with some new stuff
    • Some more traffic signs (route markers are due for release soon)

I'd like to revisit some bridges (moar glulam!!!!!!), and get more shapes done for the MSTS replacement project, but I don't know when I'll get to those

And I've always got a few sounds I'm tinkering with