Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American or European routes in progress

Cool American or European routes in progress

Colleagues,

I notice that the vast majority of new material in MSTS or ORTS seems to be from
    India. I don't have anything against our Indian colleagues, but are any of us
    doing new material, objects, routes, etc.

As for myself, I should have the 3rd district of the CNO&TP, circa 1980, out by
    years end, and I have several other routes for which I have digitized and placed
    the track. If anyone would like me to send them one of those, drop me a private
    message. Conversely if you are a serious creator that would like track to be done
    for a route of yours I can do that. As I have mentioned before I am picky about
    track because I was a inspection manager on the Southern Rwy. in my youth. I
    create bridges for my routes that are as exact as possible, working from
    photographs usually.

CNO&TP has 3 districts. This is the Southern, now NS, line from Cincinnati to
    Chattanooga, about 335 miles.

I also plan to put out a 2nd version of the Knoxville-Corbin route to include the
    parallel Southern line which may soon be sold or abandoned since the last
    active coal loadout shutdown early in 2020.

J. H. Sullivan

Three in-progress for me...

1) CNW Chicago (currently with the Harvard/Geneva/Rockwell Subdivisions and portions of the Clinton and Madison Subdivisions) circa 1970s.

2) Packerland (CNW of Green Bay to Fond Du Lac, Iron Mountain, Escanaba, and MILW from Green Bay to Channing), also set in the 1970's.

3) UP Gila (Tucson to Yuma), set in the early 2000's.

The CNW Chicago has been available for about a year as a preview download at DigitalRails.com, while Packerland and the UP Gila have been shared sporadically with people willing to help with various bits and pieces.

My main project is the Yuma Subdivision (1995-1996). Tracks have been laid from Yuma to a bit shy distance before Thousand Palms. Since my computer won't load RE anymore after a reinstallation of Windows, I have been spending most of the time making Blender models.

modularhouse2 by Tyler McMillin, on Flickr

fontanarestaurant1 by Tyler McMillin, on Flickr

fontanashops2 by Tyler McMillin, on Flickr

Tyler

I assume you are running Win-10. If so, then the latest drivers for the ATI graphic card series won't
    work with anything MSTS. You may have to bite the bullet and learn to use TSRE. I have not heard
    of any issues with that. So far, I am using Win-7 but anytime it would be necessary to reload
    Windows, I am probably going to be in the same fix as you. But who would have EVER thought that
    software written in 2001 would still be functional on anything, 20 years later, and folks would still
    be using it A LOT. We owe a lot to Goku for creating TSRE, which I am gradually learning more
    about. I haven't used it to lay track yet, but I do plan to start with roads which are less critical.

J. H. Sullivan

I don't see CNW Chicago at Digital Rails. Do you mean Digital-Rails or DigitalRails.

J. H. Sullivan

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I don't see CNW Chicago at Digital Rails. Do you mean Digital-Rails or DigitalRails.

J. H. Sullivan
    I found it, I didn't know there was both sites.

J. H. Sullivan

Qualifications I should have included.

1. I don't do ScaleRail.
    2. Unless ordered not to, I will use M-tracks, mainly for curves.
    3. Track Charts preferred.
    4. If you have set up the route already with markers, I need to have those markers and
    I also need to have your terrain files, preferably in the geotiff format.
    5. If I set up a route, I'll use 1/3 arc-sec. data wherever possible.
    6. Only US routes.

Jerry Sullivan

2 for me right now. Main focus is my New York Westchester & Boston route and a second is a collaboration NEC/ Northeast Regional route.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY VET

My primary project right now is the Downeaster Route, Boston to Brunswick ME, contemporary era.

I also have a route Boston's Red Line that I started many years ago and is 95% complete. I may just release it as a Beta as I haven't had the motivation to work on the last 5% (mostly detailing subway stations).

Jon

Cool Motivation

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    My primary project right now is the Downeaster Route, Boston to Brunswick ME, contemporary era.

I also have a route Boston's Red Line that I started many years ago and is 95% complete. I may just release it as a Beta as I haven't had the motivation to work on the last 5% (mostly detailing subway stations).

Jon
    I understand that motivation comment. Detailing is very important but it can be awfully boring too.
    I am down to about 25 miles left to detail on the CNO&TP3.

Jerry Sullivan