Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Specific Bridges on Monon Route Results in CTD-ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Default Crossing Specific Bridges on Monon Route Results in CTD-ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Hesitated posting this until today. Been trying to find out how to fix this for weeks but no luck.

Final Monon Route v17, running on the latest version of OR Testing (as well as a number of its preceding versions), CTDs with an Argument Out of Range Exception when the locomotive begins crossing specific bridges on the route.

Error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at Orts.Viewer3D.TrackSoundSource.UpdateTType(Boolean stateChange) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Soun d.cs:line 303
    at Orts.Viewer3D.TrackSoundSource.Update() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Soun d.cs:line 334
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.SoundProcess.Sound() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proc esses\SoundProcess.cs:line 132
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.SoundProcess.DoSound() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proc esses\SoundProcess.cs:line 116
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.SoundProcess.SoundThread() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Testing\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proc esses\SoundProcess.cs:line 100
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

One bridge is just past the Delphi Station heading NE toward Monon.
    Another is the Paisley Trestle, just south of the Paisley Siding at Cedar Lake, when heading south from Chicago.
    Yet another is the bridge over Wabash River, heading north, just north of Lafayette.

These are the only three I know of, but the CTD is reproducible 100% of the time as soon as the locomotive touches any of these bridges.

I've looked into TSRE but can find nothing amiss at these locations, though my ability with the route builder is very limited.

Already reinstalled Monon twice, carefully following the specific instructions each time.

I'm working on a Timetable for this route but the issue is making things pointless.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok apparently the log file didn't attach...? ugh...
    EDIT 2: Fixed, I guess. Don't see it here but the paperclip is on the title on the forum thread page.
    EDIT 3: Nvm found it...

OpenRailsLog.zip
    Last edited by Kuckoo; 10-05-2021 at 05:16 PM.
    "My dog got loose once, what I did was show him his leash & he came running back, thinking it was time for a walk - stupid dog."

Have you been able to locate the .sms file alluded to in this line,
    Warning: File Sound\indust_m.sms missing from G:\Programs\Games\Open Rails\OR - MSTS\Content\ROUTES\MONON-2?
    That's the first big gotcha I see.
    It's available with the Monson, FYN, GM&OSS, PRR East and LIRR. Probably more but that's where it shows up on my confuser.
    I would have guessed a bridge .sms given that it happens around bridges.

Randy

Hi Randy & Kuckoo,
    If it's of any interest, files indust_m.sms, indust_h.sms and indust_s.sms are all supplied within a default MSTS installation.
    As the route was designed for MSTS, it's possible that other files may be missing if it's used in an OR-Only installation.

Cheers,
    Ged

Thanks for replying.

I copied all the contents from the default MSTS SOUND folder, including the .sms files you mentioned, to the OR ...Content/Sound and Route Sound folders, without overwriting was was already there. Ran a quick activity over the trouble spots. The CTDs still occur exactly as before.
    "My dog got loose once, what I did was show him his leash & he came running back, thinking it was time for a walk - stupid dog."

This crash usually occurs if in the .ws file a sound region number has been entered which is not present in the ttype.dat file.
    To explain this more clearly: with TSRE5, go with the camera where you have the bridge, and check which sound region number has been entered for the bridge (sound regions define which sound is played when the train passes over a specific track section). Then check if this number is present in the ttype.dat file. If this occurs on a widely used route, as the MONON one is, there might be a route installation problem from your side.
    Indicating the coordinates (Tile X and Y number and X and Z coordinates) of the bridge could enable someone to have a check on his installation of the route.

Hi Kuckoo,
    On my recent successful installation of this fine route I also have errors for track node pins and platforms incomplete, so they're normal I think. I'm not experiencing all the other missing sound files which are shown in your log. When I look at the trestle bridge (lat 41.349 lon -87.4357) I can see yellow sound marker posts for frogs, Monon_Mitchell and wooden bridge. The frogs and Monon_Mitchell sms appear in the ssource file and the sound folder. The wooden bridge sms doesn't but DOES appear in the ttype dat file. None of them are in my default MSTS sound folder. Not sure if that helps but thats how my installation looks and appears to run correctly. I've just tried a run over the bridge for the first time and no new errors have shown up in my log.

Nick.
    Last edited by niknak; 10-06-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

I should of added that on this route there are two additional ttype dat files in the Docs folder, linked to the change of era batch files.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Hi Nick,
    The wooden bridge sms doesn't but DOES appear in the ttype dat file.

That's a little odd!! I don't have that file in my installation and none of the supplied ttype.dat files call it. Are you sure you're not confusing it with this entry?
    TrackType ( "Wooden Bridge" "USATrack9In.sms" "USATrack9Ex.sms" )

Cheers,
    Ged

Well its one of two things Ged... Either I was just testing you, in which case you've passed, or I was indeed confusing the little yellow square marked wooden bridge shown in TSRE with a yellow sms sound marker. I'll leave it up to you as to which it is...

Hi Nick,
    Sorry, but I'm not into TSRE (yet!) so can't answer that, but maybe it shows the name (ie "Wooden Bridge") from the ttype.dat file and not the actual name of the .sms file, bearing in mind that different .sms files are called, depending on whether the view being used is inside or outside the vehicle.

My OR log of the route only shows 4 Track node warnings, one sigscr file warning and 5 information messages. I'm sure that if the route did use a file called wooden bridge.sms and it was missing, there would be a report in the log.

Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 10-06-2021 at 10:23 AM.