Thread: Lowes, Walmart

Cool Lowes, Walmart

Colleagues,

I need a Lowes store and a Walmart regular or super store for a route I am finishing
    up. I have searched the library and the routes I have found but so far I have found
    just about everything else.

Do any of you have one of these you could share, or do you know of one on any
    route you have, or in the library.

Given that there are such favorites (my favorite place to eat) as Waffle House etc. I
    find it surprising that these others have not been created. As an aside, I tell my local
    Waffle house that it is the 2nd best I know of. When they ask where I think the best
    is, why it is on Yale Blvd. in Albuquerque, NM, must be the 6,000 foot altitude.

Jerry Sullivan

Last time I ate at affle House was in Ocean Springs MS, right after hurricane Georges. That's all that was left of the sign, I found it appropriate.
    There are plenty of big box type stores available. Shouldn't take much to retexture one for Lowes or Walmart.

Randy

I agree about retexturing, but I'm not in that skill set which is why I was asking - er begging.

Can't beat Waffle House waffles or sausage.

Jerry Sullivan

Are you looking for a 24/7 big box, or the SmallMart's that were seen in smaller towns 20 years ago?

I've got a current sized Walmart somewhere, and a Home Depot, but not a Lowes...

For the moment, the small sizes would do fine as there is only one Super Walmart on the
    route, located just south of Dayton, TN and far enough from the tracks that the existing
    Safeway would probably be a good stand-in. But yes, I would like to get your Walmart
    and Home Depot if you can find them.

J. H. Sullivan

Will do. I'm currently camped on top of the Nemo Tunnel, so it will be sometime next week.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Never been on top of it, but I have been through it approximately 264 times between 3/67 and
    8/78 when I managed the Southern Track Geometry inspection efforts.

J. H. Sullivan