Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCR V3 errors in activities

Default NCR V3 errors in activities

Installed V3 of North Coast RR. Previously was running V2 just fine.

None of the activities supplied with V3 will run. I was getting path errors, found the paths and installed. Then Samoa act was giving me service problems, found those in the activity list and copied to the act folder. Now I get fatal error in trying to load any activity except the Explore route act runs fine.

Any ideas? I have spent about 4-5 hours trying to find exactly what is missing that causes these errors.

Dave

Screen shot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Hi Dave,

Always post the openrailslog.txt as it gives more information.

That error mentions a path error!
    Cheers
    Derek

I have the first activity running.
    Cheers
    Derek

I wonder if this is a problem for others? Rather time consuming figuring out where everything goes. A bunch of downloads, not much in the way of install me text.

I am not a novice at installing new routes but I am getting old and maybe senile :-) (ask my wife)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dave Kolbenschlag

I have the Samoa Turn working. But engine is on the rear and pushing the consist. Is that correct? I don't have Consist Builder working yet on this new computer to turn the engine and TSRE is still beyond my understanding until I get a week to learn it.
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Hi Dave,

Samoa goes out long end first, so that you can come back short end first, and all your shunting can get done with the rear coupler.
    Remember that msts had a front coupler problem that existed until MSTSBin came along.
    Cheers
    Derek

Thanks Derek,

I kind of suspected that as the act description does not really say or maybe I did not read it correctly. I have been most of the day getting MSTS/ORTS moved to C:\ and get rid of the old program files MS games path.

This is a new computer and Train Sim is on an old internal HD from an older computer. I have read that most installs are just are put directly on the C:drive, Give ORTS the new path, save that old hard drive for backups etc. Old drive installed in new computer as a 3rd HD. Get all that I want off of it and disconnect the power plug, save the drive. (PS) I always use a desktop, no games on laptops. Don't even own a laptop.
    Dave Kolbenschlag

When I don't know what is supposed to happen, I just look at the F8 switch window and see which way the path is running. It is shown by the red path!
    Cheers
    Derek

I use it a lot also Derek. I also create my own activities with Skyline Computing's Activity Generator. That generates a printable work order also which makes it easy to follow. I need to download the template for NCR. I can make my own acts also but I find that rather dull as I know it before I run it. Anyway many folks are a lot more creative than me.

Now, back to trying to figure out why the other two acts that came with V3 of NCR won't load. ORTS log has something in there about broken paths plus a lot of other data that I don't know enough to interpret.
    Dave Kolbenschlag

I think it has something to do with route name in the .trk file.