Thread: ROW Painting Question

Default ROW Painting Question

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if there is some setting where I can get my ROW paint to look like the texture selected? See attached image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    USAF Veteran

TSRE stretches the texture across the whole tile.
    There are a couple ways to do it but it involves using a paint program.
    You can make the texture finer by multiplying it across and down on a new texture or you can edit the tile itself in a paint program.
    Neither is overly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by commec61 View Post
    Hi all,

Can someone tell me if there is some setting where I can get my ROW paint to look like the texture selected? See attached image.
    Hi Steve,

Well - you can paint with the selected texture - however the texture resolution on the tile is nowhere near that of the texture - keep in mind that sample is being effectively applied to the entire tile you are painting even though it only shows where the ROW is applied. I use 1024x1024 textures exclusively for all my TERRTEX painting. It still not very high definition in the sim. Steve - over on the Elvas Civil War Railroad Project - I believe paints with 4096x4096 which achieves some stunning results. You need to have large source textures to start with - if the source textures are seamless - you can make them as large as you want and scale the texture in your image editor for best effect. It's trial and error.

Here's more that you might find helpful. I've been painting TERRTEX for many years - long before TSRE and Open Rails.
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...OW-in-seconds&

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Steve,

One other thought - my base TERRTEX is 1024 before I start - as well. As you paint - if using resolutions similar to mine - the occasional tile will change and not look as good as the rest - for some reason it bumps down to 512 - simply take an adjacent 1024 that hasn't been painted and replace it - then redo your custom paint - it should take the second time around.

Regards,
    Scott

OK folks,

Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can work out.
    Steve
    USAF Veteran