Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Rails v1.4 is here

Default Open Rails v1.4 is here

Following on from the thread Stable Version - Open Rails 1.4 - Coming soon, I am very pleased to announce that Stable Version 1.4 of Open Rails is now released.

Details have been posted on Elvas Tower here and there is also a 4-minute video on YouTube.

A big "thank you" to the guys that make this possible; admins, coders, testers, bug reporters and everyone in the community who gives us feedback.
    Chris Jakeman

Quote Originally Posted by cjakeman View Post
    Following on from the thread Stable Version - Open Rails 1.4 - Coming soon, I am very pleased to announce that Stable Version 1.4 of Open Rails is now released.......
    Thanks for the H/U, Chris. I've been using Monogame for a couple of years and will now try the regular version once again.

One query....why on earth was the video done in low-rez (480)?!!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Been using the weekly Testing versions, but still very happy to see an "official" version arrive to serve as a new foundation.

There have been massive improvements to the sim since v1.3, especially in the behind-the-scenes physics, and in graphics performance. Some new commands for AI in TT mode. There is a lot added, an f-ton of work performed. Frankly, the video doesn't do justice for the update.

Thanks a million to all involved. The effort is truly appreciated.

"My dog got loose once, what I did was show him his leash & he came running back, thinking it was time for a walk - stupid dog."

An excellent upgrade. With the ability to use Reshade, I can now retire Monogame. Thank you for your continual efforts.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

This is where I have been getting confused - does this new 1.4 release of OR render MG obsolete?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Pretty sure that stable 1.4 is now based on the monogame version.

So no need to carry on using the monogame test versions.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Pretty sure that stable 1.4 is now based on the monogame version.

So no need to carry on using the monogame test versions.

Mike.
    But as a RailDriver user Mike I need that tab on the MG options screen which is missing on v1.4....
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

I've been using MG v105 while running the old Cripple Creek railroad route. Just noticed that with OR 1.4 almost all the mine tailings piles are missing. With MG v105 they are there as well as viewing within TSRE. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    But as a RailDriver user Mike I need that tab on the MG options screen which is missing on v1.4....
    Yeah fair play if you use Raildriver. I don't buddy, so would not have noticed the missing tab.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I posted this over on Elvas Tower last night but no response yet.

I just upgraded to version 1.4. I fired up an activity on MLT Sandpatch and the audio is making a popping or static noise. I closed out 1.4 and loaded up the same activity with latest Monogame version I have installed (108) and the popping/static sound is gone. I then loaded up an activity on Mullan Pass using version 1.4 and the same sound issues persisited. They're not present on Monogame. Any ideas on what would be causing that sound on 1.4? I have been a stictly Monogame user since May 2020 and it looks like I will stick with it until this sound issue is figured out