Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Open Rails 1.4

Default Problem with Open Rails 1.4

Hello, excuse my English since I am from Argentina and it is basic.
    The problem I have is in the route that I am building, after updating OR they do not load the static objects of the route. If I go back to the XNA version it works perfectly.
    No problem is recorded in the Log.
    The objects are built in Blender.
    Thanks for your help.

Hi, I have experienced the same issue. Static objects built with Blender do not show up in Open Rails 1.4. The same objects (cars/trucks) used in the car spawner show up normally however. In Open Rails 1.3.1 there was no problem with the Blender objects. Has anyone any idea where this comes from?
    Greetz, René

I have just tested 3 ship models, ranging from 4,000 to 13,000 triangles, that are static scenery objects. They were built in and exported from blender and these appear in v1.4 without issue.

Is there is nothing recorded in the OpenRailsLog.txt file what are your Video and Experimental settings in OR? There is a 'Show shape warnings' in the Experimental tab. Is that ticked? If not try with that checked.

Cheers,

Marek.

Hi Marek, thanks for your reply.
    I have driven a short distance, where I know some of the Blender shapes were supposed to be. I have ticked the 'Show shape warnings' in the Experimental tab. The resulting OpenRailsLog.txt file shows several warnings concerning .s files that were either not mine, or were mine but were not made in Blender. Furthermore there were several warnings about 'scenery object XXX failed to load ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException', where XXX is a number, but not an object name or .s file, so it is difficult to tie it to a specific object.
    The game itself has no problem to display the Blender-made objects, as they will appear normal when used in the carspawner, but has a problem displaying them as scenery objects somehow...
    Greetz, René

I've given an advice to a user in a German TS-forum who has gotten the same issue with shape files created by Blender.

The reason for the non visibility of an object is a line at the bottom of the shape file, which is automatically created by the .s file exporter.

Code:
    	animations ( 0 )
    Such a line is missing in all former static objects, when the shapes have no animation.

You can make an experience and delete the entry with the 'animations' key word in one of the invisible shapes. This is easily done with the tool Archibald. There is no need to decompress the .s file using this tool.

Using OR NewYear MG instead of Testing-Version or OR 1.4 all your objects should appear again.
    I assume the fix for the ‘animations ( 0 )’ issue, provided by C.Santucci has not been adapted to the official version.

Greetings

Hehl

I'm sure I'm clutching at straws here, but when I've experienced a similar thing, ie items in the carspawner but not in the landscape, it was usually my ref file entry that was to blame.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Confirming your report Hehl. I have just examined the .S files for my models that were created by the Blender exporter.

Most of my scenery models do not have animations so there is no word 'animations' anywhere in the .S file.

However one of my models does have an animation (that didn't know about!) and it has the following at the end of the .S file:

animations ( 1
    animation ( 250 30
    anim_nodes ( 1
    anim_node MAIN (
    controllers ( 0
    )
    )
    )
    )
    )

This model displayed in OR v1.3 and v1.4 OK.

When I changed it to be just:

animations(0)

The object would not appear in v1.4 and it logged the following exception in the OpenRailsLog.txt file:

Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: {TileX:-102 TileZ:11044 X:562.596 Y:519.352 Z:283.076} scenery object 61 failed to load ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeExceptio n(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at Orts.Viewer3D.WorldFile..ctor(Viewer viewer, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Boolean visible) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Scene ry.cs:line 244
    at Orts.Common.ORTraceListener.TraceEvent(TraceEventC ache eventCache, String source, TraceEventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Common\Err orLogger.cs:line 123
    at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.TraceEvent(TraceE ventType eventType, Int32 id, String format, Object[] args)
    at Orts.Common.ORTraceListener.WriteLine(Object o) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\Orts.Simulation\Common\Err orLogger.cs:line 208
    at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.WriteLine(Object value)
    at Orts.Viewer3D.WorldFile..ctor(Viewer viewer, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Boolean visible) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Scene ry.cs:line 513
    at Orts.Viewer3D.SceneryDrawer.LoadWorldFile(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ, Boolean visible) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Scene ry.cs:line 220
    at Orts.Viewer3D.SceneryDrawer.Load() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Scene ry.cs:line 102
    at Orts.Viewer3D.World.Load() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\World .cs:line 93
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Load() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewe r.cs:line 770
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer.Initialize() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewe r.cs:line 499
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Viewer..ctor(Simulator simulator, Game game) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Viewe r.cs:line 349
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Start (UserSettings settings, String acttype, String[] args) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 316
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.<>c__ DisplayClass35_0.<Load>b__3() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 161
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.GameStateRunActivity.Load( ) in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\GameStateRunActivity.cs:line 201
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.Load() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\LoaderProcess.cs:line 160
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.DoLoad() in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\LoaderProcess.cs:line 140
    at Orts.Viewer3D.Processes.LoaderProcess.LoaderThread () in C:\Jenkins\jobs\Open Rails Stable\workspace\Source\RunActivity\Viewer3D\Proce sses\LoaderProcess.cs:line 111
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The object does appear in V1.3 and no error is logged in the OpenRailsLog.txt file.

As René has advised the name of the object is not logged in the OpenRailsLog.txt but the tile and x and y co-ordinates logged, match the object location in TSRE.

Short term fix is to manually remove the reference to the animations in the .S file, or re-export the models ensuring with a valid animation if present, otherwise ensure there are not animation/key frames in the source file before export? I wouldn't know how to export a model with a 0 animation.

Note I am using Blender 2.8 exporter in Blender v2.93.5. I have not tested with the v2.79 exporter.

Cheers,

Marek.

Thanks everyone for their input. I have checked the .ref file via route-riter and no faults did show up (in relation to this anyway...) A good try though, a bracket more or less is easily overlooked.
    The suggestion to check the .s file for the 'animations (0)' entry, and delete it, was succesful! The object I tested with did show up at the expected location.
    It seems the cause of the problem is now known, and editing the .s file provides a workaround.
    I filed a bug report with Open Rails, and will send this outcome as an update.

Thanks for the help everyone,
    Greetz, René

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by renebos View Post
    Thanks everyone for their input. I have checked the .ref file via route-riter and no faults did show up (in relation to this anyway...) A good try though, a bracket more or less is easily overlooked.
    The suggestion to check the .s file for the 'animations (0)' entry, and delete it, was succesful! The object I tested with did show up at the expected location.
    It seems the cause of the problem is now known, and editing the .s file provides a workaround.
    I filed a bug report with Open Rails, and will send this outcome as an update.

Thanks for the help everyone,
    Greetz, René
    This may or may not be relevant but both RR and CB are not written for
    use with OR.

But CB is trying to recognise OR requirements as opposed to standard MSTS requirements.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    This may or may not be relevant but both RR and CB are not written for
    use with OR.

But CB is trying to recognise OR requirements as opposed to standard MSTS requirements.

Cheers

Daniel

Your first comment is misleading. RouteRiter and ConBuilder were written before OR was even just a proposal. Innovations used by ORTS such as Include Statements, special OpenRails subfolders in ENG/WAG files or in Routes, DDS files and other things are not recognized by RR and CB. Nor could they be without totally rewriting their code.

I do not understand what you are trying to say in your second comment. Maybe you are referring to the MSTS or OR setting in CB that eliminates testing of ENG and WAG file parameters that OR treats differently than MSTS does thus creating "false" errors.
    Charles