Thread: use bnsf sceince sub content on new route?

Default use bnsf sceince sub content on new route?

so i installed open rails and BNSF scenic sub starter pack. then installed tsre5 v7.002 and i linked root file to BNSF scenic sub folder but when i start new route all the track is black, i think is used msts default track. is there way i cause use bnsf scenic sub content on new route

If an object is black in TSRE it often means that you do not have the necessary .ace file in your route.
    Garry

Which explains why they deliberately took down all their freeware routes that previously contained ACE files and replaced them with DDS versions. You know, it was an attempt to discourage the scavenging of their scenery assets in new routes and old makeover projects that one often finds in freeware routes from Canada (wink wink) to Mexico (wink wink). Most freeware route builders and existing old route turd polishers are still using the ace format because they prefer to have their routes work in both MSTS and OR environments. I would guess the inability to obtain their scenery assets in current times with ACE files offers an unequivocal "no" answer to the OPs question.

I have never used DDS files, so I don't know if they show up in TSRE. Make sure the correct DDS files are in your route's Texture folder.
    You could also try placing another object that you have made, make 2 versions, 1 using .ace the other using DDS
    Garry

TSRE and OR handle .dds files without issue.
    I like them because they don't require another utility to convert them to/from .aces. Goodbye AceIt and TGatool2a, eventually.