Thread: Open Rails Camera Views Screwed Up!

Default Open Rails Camera Views Screwed Up!

Hello all, I just upgraded to this version Version := T1.4-39-g1dae11d70 Build = 0.0.7972.33227 (2021-10-29 18:27:34Z)
    Everything seems to be working except for the Camera Positions from the Cab as well as outside views!
    Head-out left and right work fine, View with #4 stays at the starting point! As does the #3 & #2 Outside Camera Views!
    I am progressing down the line in fine fashion, but any of those views are back at LAU Station!
    It looks like I've left everything behind. I like the smaller window for the HUD view though. I tried the common reset "Shift #8" as well with no success. See below.
    Open Rails Issue 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    I tried the common reset "Shift #8" as well with no success.
    All working correctly here...by the way Shift+8 returns the camera to the previous free view, Control+8 is the reset to original position for any camera. I don't know if that was a typo on your part?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Yes Gerry, I tried both on the Experimental version, then switched back to the Stable version and it all works fine. Maybe a bug in that particular version?
    Oh well, all is working now, for now. We will see what the future holds........... hmmmm what next??? :-)

OK, now I have a suitable platform performing as it should.... almost. OR runs the sim as it should, no issues with 90-100 fps average. Really good for this computer though.
    I am still, all of a sudden lately, having issues with the outside Views/Camera as can be seen here when I want to see out to the left and then return to the straight Cab View! I have included the log from this session, please IGNORE the errors that do NOT pertain to the Camera and it's viewing angles.
    Surfliner Ext Camera Front (#4).jpgSurfliner internal #1 Camera after ext.jpg
    Here is the log file:
    OpenRailsLog.zip

There is the ability within open rails to change the 2, 3 and 4 view to any consist anywhere with a player-driveable locomotive, and your screens look much like what happens when those camera views are far apart geographically and Open Rails "plays catch up" to load the scenery surrounding the distant view that is being activated. Do you have custom key assignments to change views? Is it something with your card having only 2 gb video ram not being that responsive to current code? Is it dirty cache related (how often do you clean it out)? Do you only use updater or do you occasionally download a fresh copy of the testing version?

Hello, Jeepster775, I just tried another Route (Metro North) and ALL views work fine, including all outside views. I believe that something is amiss with my installation of Surfliner 2.2 (2.3).
    To answer your main question, I usually use the testing versions and utilize the updater that appears at the upper right corner, usually with no issues. Right now I switched back to the Stable Version for some testing, I was having a few issues with re-installing Surfliner.
    Also the Cache (computer-wise) is always cleaned up, is there a Cache in Open Rails?
    Thank you for your help.
    Don