Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UK Rail Accident

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

But they clean the treads,something discs never can do,especially on older units with EP brakes.I am very sorry for the driver involved,let down by Notwork Rail and his employers for not insisting on proper RHTT at such locations.Perhaps,"they" should also consider one extra block protection for junctions like this,and something like the old regulation 5 on the approach (Signal cleared only when the train is under control).The meaning "section clear but junction blocked".You could also argue that the driver was not taking into account the railhead conditions he may encounter.
    Last edited by ragtimer; 11-04-2021 at 07:14 AM.

The point is they didn't need to clean the treads. The running rails were not covered in crap.

You lost my sympathy when you started pointing a finger at the driver.
    Yma O Hyd

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    The point is they didn't need to clean the treads. The running rails were not covered in crap.

You lost my sympathy when you started pointing a finger at the driver.
    If the running rails were not covered in crap,why was there a loss of adhesion !
    I did not point the finger at the driver,I am very sympathetic towards him as I feel he was let down by those employing him and Notwork rail.Having said that,it is the driver's responsibility to drive with regard to the conditions prevailing,and I say that as someone who has done the job,not sat in an armchair theorising about the job.
    As I have said before,SPADS are almost always caused by either driver or signalman's error;that is fact,although Clapham was caused by bad management of staff.(Read the "Hidden" report).

I can not recognize why they nevertheless do now no longer have a few clasp brakes on contemporary-day units. Yes, greater cost, however wheel turning is steeply-priced and is wanted throughout the leaf fall season due to apartments resulting from wheel slide and the harm executed with the aid of using them, perhaps even horrific sufficient to prompt a "WILD".