Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Cornwall…

I think that there is a very cunning method in their madness; the vast majority of TSW customers wouldn't have a clue as to the correctness of the route and its associated infrastructure, so Rivet/DTG just churn out a "this'll do" product knowing full well that negative feedback will be minor......and limited to special-interest forums.

Call me cynical, but it makes sense.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

If you're cynical then so am I, Bruce! The other key is that the original default train, the Class 150, has a very narrow view out of the cab front and, as it happens no head out or any other internal views that can be selected with the arrow keys. Maybe they were hoping users wouldn't notice the deficiencies.

The majority of the posts over at the DTG forum are for once critical to a greater or lesser extent, but there is the usual Stockholm Syndrome from those who think it's all rosy.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....but there is the usual Stockholm Syndrome from those who think it's all rosy.

That brings back memories.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Never mind, Rivet had plenty of time to put sandcastles on the beach and distribute ice cream cones...

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/thr...s.48354/unread

Oh and lost luggage!
    Vern.

Never mind, Rivet had plenty of time to put sandcastles on the beach and distribute ice cream cones....
    I don't believe it!

Maybe they were hoping users wouldn't notice the deficiencies.
    The majority of the posts over at the DTG forum are for once critical to a greater or lesser extent, but there is the usual Stockholm Syndrome from those who think it's all rosy.
    Deficiencies in a TSW route, well, who would have thought that?

I've read it all now, I suppose they have to keep the kiddies happy by building sandcastles on the beach, next week we'll have crabbing in the rock pools and watching the Punch and Judy Show on the seafront, anything to take your mind off the game deficiencies, no wonder they think everything is rosy....anyone for an ice lolly?

Cheerz. Steve.
    i7 10700k 3.8GHz Eight Core CPU, Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX, 32GB RAM, nVidia RTX3060ti 8GB, WIN10 PRO 64-bit. 10xTB in HDDs total.

This actually makes the Cornish route that shipped with Trainz 2019 look good!

In their haste to retrieve the situation with the 150 by putting in a classic diesel layer, DTG omitted to include any form of brake vehicle on most of the consists. In addition to the more glaring errors like the almost complete lack of any lineside fencing or the 1 in 60 gradient through several of the main line stations, you have platform signage where place names start with a lower case letter, not a capital (Penzance is penzance on the sign by the footbridge on Truro Up platform). Maybe that's nit picking but to me it just seems sloppy. When you're doing something that goes on to sell for £25 then there needs to be a certain standard of QA and basic bloody snagging!

Don't get me wrong, I quite like TSW and some of the German routes and rolling stock (other than being nearly all ultra modern) are fine. If they can ever fix the save game mechanism so you can keep going and do a full shift it will offer something no other sim can. However it needs DTG and their contractors like Rivet to drop the arrogance and indifference which seems to accompany every product that ships with issues.
    Vern.

....... Maybe that's nit picking but to me it just seems sloppy. When you're doing something that goes on to sell for £25 then there needs to be a certain standard of QA and basic bloody snagging!...
    Thoroughly agree with you, Vern.

It's not nit-picking to expect a level of quality which should accompany a $50 price tag and it is immaterial whether it is for a computer game, an item of clothing or a serving of food.

"it will offer something no other sim can"

Yup, complete and utter mediocrity.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd