Thread: Activity Load Error on RMD West

Default Activity Load Error on RMD West

Hello all,
    I am having issues with loading activities on the RMD West route. The Open Rails launcher says that there is a load error with the activities and I am unable to start them. Are there any extra files that I should download? I have already downloaded the RMD-Stock files for the rolling stock.
    Untitledvczvcxcvvcx.jpg

LARGER screenshot, this one is not readable, and always attach the OR log ( found by default on the desktop )

Edit..okay magnified screenshot as much as I could, appears you are missing the player path, and probably some equipment.
    Check the activity with MSTS ActMan found in the TS library >>> msts_actman.zip
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

G'day Gerry, I have a similar issue with eight of the activities and nine are OK. I will have a look and see what I can find.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day Gerry, here is a list of the activity names and missing paths.
    "Lukas Phosphate WB" act "Lukas Phosphate WB" path
    "Milw01_ButteLocal" act "MilwAct01_ButteLocal" path
    "New Activity NP" act "New Activity NP" path
    "Nimrod MILW" act "Nimrod MILW" path
    "Phosphate EB" act "Phosphate EB" path
    "Phosphate WB" act "Phosphate WB" path
    "Phosphate" act "Phosphate" path
    These are original activities that came with the route.
    I cannot find any updates for the route so I don't know if there is a fix other than the delete button.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Last edited by gremlin1812; 11-03-2021 at 10:10 PM.

My apologies, here's a larger screenshot.
    Untitledvczvcxcvvcx.jpg

How do I access the logs from ORTS when it is still on the launcher and it hasn't actually started the simulation?

Thank you a lot for suggesting ActMan. I was able to find the issue was missing .trf and .wag files for most of the activities. I replaced the .wag files but I do not know how to fix the issue with the .trf files.

Unfortunately the forum says my ORTS log is too big to upload as an attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Usually, the necessary traffic, path and service files should be supplied in the activity pack you download. Sometimes they can be buried in the collection of files. When it comes to freeware stuff from the library, success is totally dependent on the thoroughness of the uploader. If it is not conspicuously supplied by the act author, there is little others can do. Welcome to the wild west nature of freeware libraries.

You have to zip up the log with any zip compression program of your choice to attach it in the forums

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Usually, the necessary traffic, path and service files should be supplied in the activity pack you download. Sometimes they can be buried in the collection of files. When it comes to freeware stuff from the library, success is totally dependent on the thoroughness of the uploader. If it is not conspicuously supplied by the act author, there is little others can do. Welcome to the wild west nature of freeware libraries.

You have to zip up the log with any zip compression program of your choice to attach it in the forums
    I have the same pack of activities for RMD West and the same activity errors. They were released as beta and the issues were noted in the Readme. Post #23 here explains it a bit and it picks up again on post #63
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...est+activities

G'day All, I have got 22 activities working in OR had to slightly modify a few but all is OK, the acts missing paths have been deleted to the too hard basket.
    These may give you something to play with:- rmdstock.zip and rmd_west_activity_pack.zip enjoy.
    Regards
    Barrie

>Unfortunately the forum says my ORTS log is too big to upload as an attachment.

zip the log and upload it.
    Cheers
    Derek