Thread: No Object Road Crossing?

Default No Object Road Crossing?

Hi Folks,

I'm wanting to take advantage of Carlo's relatively newish feature - US Style Horn Blows at Crossings for all AI Trains. I'd like to place some road crossing at stations and road crossings (that aren't real road crossings) to trigger the horn/whistle. Is there a crossing object that doesn't have a shape that I can place to facilitate this?

For those unfamiliar - this needs to be manually typed into your "act" file:

Code:
    ORTSAIHornAtCrossings ( 2 )
    ORTSAICrossingHornPattern ( US )
    AFTER this line:

Code:
    NextActivityObjectUID ( 32768 )
    I think you may need to unlatch your locomotive bell if so latched - as the bell ringing will continue indefinitely - if you plan to use this feature.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Scott

Any crossing object will work, just check the "Crossing is invisible" check box.

I'm assuming that you're using TSRE.

You will need to put a road section under the track, but any crossing object will do with the Invisible option checked. I have a special object in my sets, but only because it came with a set of passive crossings.

Hi Randy,

Yep.

Thanks.

That did it.

Regards,
    Scott

Hi Travis,

Uggh - yeah - discovered that last night - crossings needs a road section - so I would need a road section - a crossing object - and probably a sign just to get a whistle blow. Perhaps it's more trouble than it's worth?

On a side note - I also discovered your very fine crossing objects - using the timber ties now - didn't realize how much pop it adds to a crossing that doesn't have them. Thanks for that as well.

Regards,
    Scott

Also remember private crossings (driveway, farm crossing,etc) have no horn blow requirements by law, it is up to the auto/tractor driver to stop and look. So not *all* crossings would have the requirement.

Here's a visual representation.

The check boxes, "crossing is invisible" and "Silent crossing MSTS HAX", set up a silent rural crossing that road traffic will stop at.

Same spot in game.

Any level crossing object will work.

Randy

If you have 'Invisible Crossing' checked, the crossing will be silent already, so there's no need for the Silent Crossing hack on invisible crossings

Default No Object Road Crossing?

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the additional info - I’m probably not going to be doing this - too much effort - there’s an open thread on Elvas to request Whistle Boards that actually work with AI - we’ll see if anything come of it.

Much appreciated. I’ve still learned some new things.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or you could do the one (two) shape method. (two) for two lane roads.

First, make in the ref file: LevelCr(Filename(mucrossbuck.S)Class(RRCrossing)De scription("M&UCrossbuck")) where you place the name of the passive crossing sign where this has (mucrossbuck.S) and ("M&UCrossbuck")

Second, to make road traffic stop add this before the last closing parenthesis in the uncompressed shapefile:
    animations ( 1
    animation ( 1 1
    anim_nodes ( 1
    anim_node MAIN (
    controllers ( 0 )
    )
    )
    )
    )

this is the basic and minimum animation required to stop road traffic.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Ps. don't know why this is putting that space in De scription, it should not be there.
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.