Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer has lost some files since blackout.

Default Computer has lost some files since blackout.

G'day all, as the title says lost some files due to blackout, mainly consist files.
    Here is the first list:-
    BNSF_Scenic V1 - ACTIVITIE

CONSISTS

Amtrak # 7
    Amtrak # 8
    BSwitch-RS2
    BNSF 4897 West Player
    Boeing Local Player

BNSF_Scenic V2 - ACTIVITIE

CONSISTS

BNSF Intermodal (60 cars)
    BNSFGP38_2_Caboose
    BNSF Manifest(60 cars)
    CanadianImports

Regards
    Barrie

Just reinstall the route to a temp folder to get the missing consists. Copy what you need then delete it

G'day spoony1999, I would have done that but lost most of the install files as well. Mite just have to delete what I cannot fix up as the route is no longer available.
    Regards
    Barrie

Just replace the consists you lost with other consists thats available on the Trainset folder. Thats all.. It will work.. if you delete what you lost, the whole thing will start to spew errors..
    Dave Edwards

All those Scenic 1 consists you listed did not come from the Scenic 1 default route. They look to be added from additional freeware activities.

All those Scenic 2 consists are harder to decipher their origins as the default route came with certain consists, but then the Loco Upgrade add-on-pack for Scenic 2 added new loco numbers and replaced the activities with newer versions calling upon newer .CON files that were built around the newer locomotives added. After installing the add-on pack, NONE of the version 1 models and road numbers were called upon by the revised activities. It did not delete anything from TRAINSET, it just left the old numbers in case third party activities still used them.

G'day all, I am pleased to say that I have now got "Scenic 1" up and running, it is a nice route and performs well in my clunky old PC.
    Now to attack "Scenic 2" and hopefully obtain a similar result.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day all, I was having a cleanup the other day and found eight DVD's of payware routes hidden away, so I will be going through them and hope they are all OK.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day all, I was having a cleanup the other day and found eight DVD's of payware routes hidden away, so I will be going through them and hope they are all OK.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Good luck, my CD-Rom of the original Streamlines ATSF Seligman sub unfortunately reads as a blank.

I have that problem sometimes, and the culprit is the cd/dvd reader which goes offline and not recognised by the OS. Solution, remove it from the devices list and reboot.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    I have that problem sometimes, and the culprit is the cd/dvd reader which goes offline and not recognised by the OS. Solution, remove it from the devices list and reboot.
    I've tried the disk on multiple computers and they all read the CD as blank. So unfortunately I'm SOL