Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why is there no modern simulator that offers "best of both worlds"?

N3V are masters of the redirect. Despite it being themselves moving the goalposts. their standard response to complaints about updates breaking content is either that the creators didn't follow the guidelines and/or it is their own (i.e. not N3V) responsibility to fix it.
    Vern.

Back to the OP again because this is the real problem. The ones that are passionate and not in this for the money are going to do what they want, but will be loyal to those that have supported their vision. They might even like an idea of yours if it fits their needs and implement it. The ones that are in it for the money are going to do what people want in the next version and not care about those that purchaed in the past. There is not enough money to be made or a talent pool to make something with such an extensive hobby like railroads. OR though can be changed by the community needs a talent pool capable of changing. They certainly have talented people but not everyone who wants a change is going to be able to pull it off.

Thanks

Sean

Well again, if it’s any use to the OP, I spent a pleasant hour or so yesterday evening in TSW2 driving German EMUs on one of the Ruhr routes. Train simming requirement entirely fulfilled.
    Vern.

The best sim for me is the one i like.

Do your own thing boys, that way you can't go wrong.

Out of interest in regards the OP.

TSW2 is a non starter for me, poor simulation, routes too short.
    TS20xx Getting long in the tooth now. But i still enjoy certain routes, Wycombe Joint Line v5, Riviera 1950's and ECML Kings X - York and Cambridgeshire v5.5.
    Trainz for me complete and utter waste of time and money. Should be renamed Toy Trainz R Us.
    OR Monogame great simulation and physics, but very poor old fashioned low res scenery.
    DRS has physics and simulation to die for. But very slow progress (understandable) and the lack of a route editor capable of more than fictional routes. To my mind makes it less appealing.
    The rest of the train sims i don't bother with anymore.

Mike.
    Last edited by haverfordwest; 11-16-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    Yma O Hyd

Yep everyone has their tastes for sure. There is only one for me now in RAILROADS Online! Though I had fun with another one just before I found this. Over 250 hours in 6 weeks.

Thanks

Sean