Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RMD_West route

Jonpd,

RMD-West is a combination of my RMD-4 and a special RMD-3 I created with just tracks, for
    Lukas Lussar, who then combined the two into the RMD-west.

My advice is to not delete the paths as they can be used to create your own activities. Instead
    delete the activities in the activity directory, if any, and all traffic & service files, if any. Then
    create your own activities using the paths you wish.

We did this because there were scads of non-default items in both of our machines which would
    have created worse difficulty for anyone wishing to run one of our activities. Just call me lazy.

J. H. Sullivan

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day Nick, RMD east comes with acts and additionally you might like to try these:-
    rmd_act_e_beta.zip and rmd_act_beta_fix1.zip
    hope this helps.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Many thanks Barrie

Nick
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Guys,

I worked with Lukas to get those acts out to the public about 2 years ago.

They are here in the file library.

rmd_west_activity_pack.zip

Robert
    Hi Robert, I'm enjoying running the route and these acts but I have a couple of problems. With the MILW01 EB Columbian act I get stuck at a red signal just past Missoula and with the Milw03 Thrufreight 262 act again a red signal gets me stuck, this time at Garrison. I've tried the usual tricks to clear the reds but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else reported these problems or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Nick
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Hi Robert, I'm enjoying running the route and these acts but I have a couple of problems. With the MILW01 EB Columbian act I get stuck at a red signal just past Missoula and with the Milw03 Thrufreight 262 act again a red signal gets me stuck, this time at Garrison. I've tried the usual tricks to clear the reds but nothing seems to work. Has anyone else reported these problems or is it something I'm doing wrong?

Nick
    Nick, just a thought, do you have copies of the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files in a "OpenRails" folder in the parent route directory....with the "SignalNumClearAhead" parameter set to a value of 4 or higher?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry, I didn't have those 2 files in a separate OR folder. I've done that now and altered the values you mentioned in the sigcfg file. Some were already 4 but most were 3 and one was 1. Will rerun the acts tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Regards
    Nick

G'day Gerry, I read your above about the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files and I noticed that most if not all have a value of one for the first entry is there a reason for this or should it be increased along with the others?
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day Gerry, I read your above about the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files and I noticed that most if not all have a value of one for the first entry is there a reason for this or should it be increased along with the others?
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie
    Can't give you a definitive answer as I'm not a signal expert, just following advice from postings by Rob Roeterdink ( "roeter" )

For your reference:

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...en-path-clear/ <<< post#4

http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...27482-signals/

There are a quite a few other threads...search using the term in quotes "SignalNumClearAhead"

As a matter of common practice I copy the two files into an OpenRails folder and adjust all the SignalNumClearAhead values to 4.
    So far no signal problems in any routes. <<< This may not be best practice...I'd like to know what someone with expertise in signals would think of that.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 11-20-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Gerry,

Thanks for offering advice on ORTS.

I don't run ORTS as my mine simulator, So I can't help much with problems in ORTS.

Thanks.

Robert

On both RMD East and West most of the signals are set at 3, I have changed them all to 4. My question though is there are a couple that are set at 1, should I change them to for too?

G'day Gerry, as I was getting caution signals on this activity I thought I would play around a bit.
    When I looked at the "sigcfg.dat" I found one entry at 1, a small number at 6 and the remainder at 4.
    I made them all 6. This made no difference to the signal activity, and I feel it is because there is probably an AI set to run interference and cause this signal action.
    I ran in "explore in activity mode" using the locomotive, consist and path as the activity and got all greens.

route - ATSF Seligman Sub

activity - 2.Westbound Intermodal

locomotive - SLI ATSF FP45 93

consist - P-TOFC West1

path - Sejigman to needles

I had already copied the sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat files into an OpenRails folder.
    I hope this is helpful in some small way.
    Regards
    Barrie