Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RMD_West route

G'day Gerry, I thought I might test my "AI set to run interference" theory out, I first set all the sigcfg.dat entries to 4 then set the activity going but I did not move the player train. I went out and made a hot drink and when I came back all signals were GREEN so it seems to prove the theory. My next task is to set the remainder of the routes sigcfg.dat entries to 4.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day Gerry, I have gone through my routes and set them after which I ran activities in several of the routes and had no problems. All ran quite smoothly and everything ran as it was supposed to.
    Regards
    Barrie

Well sadly even after changing all the signal values to "4" I'm still getting stuck at a red at mp1572 (Garrison) in act "MILW03 Thrufreight 262" on the RMD West route. Time to move on to another activity I think! lol.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Well sadly even after changing all the signal values to "4" I'm still getting stuck at a red at mp1572 (Garrison) in act "MILW03 Thrufreight 262" on the RMD West route. Time to move on to another activity I think! lol.
    Is there a typo in the above?
    I have these two acts... Milw02_ThruFreight261.act and Milw03_IntoTheDawn.act --- but no "MILW03 Thrufreight 262".

Regardless, won't have much time today to look into it.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Gerry those acts belong to the RMD EAST route I believe.

Nick
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

G'day Nick and Gerry, that is correct "Milw02_ThruFreight261.act and Milw03_IntoTheDawn.act --- but no "MILW03 Thrufreight 262" and they are in RMD EAST route.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    Gerry those acts belong to the RMD EAST route I believe.

Nick
    Yep, my mistake, too much in a hurry this morning, got into the wrong folder. I do have the "MILW03 Thrufreight 262" for RMD-WEST and will see what happens at mp 1572-Garrison.

I did start it and contrary to the activity brief, the player train waits ( at beginning of activity ) for the Hiawatha passenger and follows it out of the yard. In my experience AI timings that are designed for MSTS -- & work-in MSTS -- are rarely accurate for OR.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Thanks Gerry, I await your findings with interest. Just to add to my confusion, I don't have the Hiawatha in view when leaving Alberton yard. In fact when I use alt+f9 I only see "MILW03 Parallel 11"and "Timefreight 265WB" as active AI trains at that point of the activity.

Running OR....No problems, followed Hiawatha ( sometimes on yellows, sometimes at track speed ) all the way...there is an oncoming AI that I encountered at Bearmouth..."ThruFreight262 Oncoming 01",moved to [email protected], waited...AI passed on main, got green and clear thru Garrison.

zip of activity attached for comparison >>>Files for Activity - Milw03_ThruFreight262.zip
    Cheers, Gerry

Thanks Gerry, I think I see the problem - We have different versions of the activity. I've attached my version in a zip which was obtained from the library: rmd_west_activity_pack.zip I know the original acts packaged with the route were incomplete and I understood that the pack I downloaded was the corrected up to date version. Obviously not! Can I ask where your version was obtained from? I'm also having problems with another act which I suspect is also the wrong version.

Regards, Nick.
    Attached Files Attached Files