Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RMD_West route

Default RMD_West route

G'day all, I have installed the "RMD_West" route and most things are working out except there are several Paths missing.
    Below is a list:-
    Path Name = Lukas Phosphate WB.pat Path is missing from Lukas Phosphate WB.act
    Path Name = MilwAct01_ButteLocal.pat Path is missing from Milw01_ButteLocal.act
    Path Name = New Activity De SmetsWB.pat Path is missing from New Activity De SmetsWB.act
    Path Name = New Activity NP .pat Path is missing from New Activity NP.act
    Path Name = Nimrod MILW.pat Path is missing from Nimrod MILW.act
    Path Name = Phosphate EB.pat Path is missing from Phosphate EB.act
    Path Name = Phosphate WB.pat Path is missing from Phosphate WB.act
    Path Name = Phosphate.pat Path is missing from Phosphate.act
    I would be grateful for any assistance.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day all, I have installed the "RMD_West" route and most things are working out except there are several Paths missing.
    Below is a list:-
    Path Name = Lukas Phosphate WB.pat Path is missing from Lukas Phosphate WB.act
    Path Name = MilwAct01_ButteLocal.pat Path is missing from Milw01_ButteLocal.act
    Path Name = New Activity De SmetsWB.pat Path is missing from New Activity De SmetsWB.act
    Path Name = New Activity NP .pat Path is missing from New Activity NP.act
    Path Name = Nimrod MILW.pat Path is missing from Nimrod MILW.act
    Path Name = Phosphate EB.pat Path is missing from Phosphate EB.act
    Path Name = Phosphate WB.pat Path is missing from Phosphate WB.act
    Path Name = Phosphate.pat Path is missing from Phosphate.act
    I would be grateful for any assistance.
    Regards
    Barrie
    The activities were released with the route "as is", so those actitivies never had paths etc so you will have to make your own

See Post #23 here and then skip to your post on #63 when the discussion picks up again
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...est+activities

Seems a bit strange to have an activity without paths, as you need paths to have services, and services to have traffic. So what is left in the activity file - static consists?

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    Seems a bit strange to have an activity without paths, as you need paths to have services, and services to have traffic. So what is left in the activity file - static consists?
    The route was released as is, Some actitivities work great but it was noted in the route readme that some Acts need to be finished

G'day all, my bad. Time is not my friend these days and I have forgotten a lot of things, there are a good number of acts without them but they would have made the picture complete, but as they say there is no point whipping a dead horse.
    Regards and thanks
    Barrie

Guys,

I worked with Lukas to get those acts out to the public about 2 years ago.

They are here in the file library.

rmd_west_activity_pack.zip

Robert

G'day Robert, thanks for post, I already had that but it may point some in the right direction.
    Regards
    Barrie

Hi Barrie,

I went back and did some digging in my emails with Lukas.

The acts that your having problems with are not originally created by Lukas. They must have been the start of work by Moe Smith according to what Lukas had to say about them.

"Hi Robert,

any activities from my end follow strictly the naming scheme "Milwxx_Name" or "NPxx_Name" (with xx standing for a number, 01 through 12 for Milw, 01 through 09 for NP).

Milw01 is however called Milw01_EBColumbian. My Butte Local act. is Milw12_ButteSpokaneLocal.

I do not have and never worked on any of the other names. I did plan on doing a NP10_PhosphateRun next that would've started on the Philippsburg branch and ended with switching the Phosphate mine. I perhaps / probably talked about that with Moe, which could've inspired him to start drafting sth. towards that plan."

Thus,

Any of the following that are creating problems should be deleted, as they are incomplete and unusable.

Lukas Phosphate

Milw 01 Butte Local

New Activity DesmersWB

New Activity NP

Nimrod Milw

Phosphate

Phosphate EB

Phosphate WB.

Anymore questions please ask.

Thanks.

Robert
    Last edited by NW 2156; 11-13-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Guys,

I worked with Lukas to get those acts out to the public about 2 years ago.

They are here in the file library.

rmd_west_activity_pack.zip

Robert
    Many thanks for the heads up Robert. Just downloaded the route and activities and I'm very impressed. Btw do the RMD east acts work 'out of the box' if I was to download that route too? I'm assuming the east route has activities only I can't see a separate pack for them in the file library.

Nick.
    Dell Desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver. Partridge in a pear tree...

G'day Nick, RMD east comes with acts and additionally you might like to try these:-
    rmd_act_e_beta.zip and rmd_act_beta_fix1.zip
    hope this helps.
    Regards
    Barrie