Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Rails BNSF Scenic Extra Scenarios Problem

I converted to ORTS v1.4 a couple of days ago, and I have just encountered the same situation (Out of Control SPAD) with power off, and I had to use Ctrl-M to return to manual mode and restore power.

Thanks so much everyone!

Until North American PTC is properly coded as a form of Train Control Systems in the sim (it allows freight crews to place PTC into or out of 'restricted mode', thus suspending it, to complete any off-path switching moves) then it makes no sense to have any of the TCS scripts active while running North American freight train activities. TCS is more of a safety feature for highly scripted high speed passenger trains that DO NOT venture off their dispatcher programmed path. Unless I'm running Acela, I keep the checkbox on that disables TCS scripts.

Try pressing the "F9" key which brings up a black & white window titled Train Operations. Click the engine # 0-0 which should be all the way to the left. The second entry says "Toggle Power On & Off". Clicking on this selection should turn Power on and off. This is what I use.

AJ

The F9 toggle power key physically stops and starts the prime mover. That should be different from a TCS power cutout that should only interrupt the "loading" of the locomotive. The TCS traction cutout acts like an open circuit breaker that prohibits a prime mover that is running/idling from loading or producing any current. If toggling the physical prime mover restores the loading capabilities without addressing the reason the circuit opened in the first place, I would consider that an unrealistic remedy and thus be a bug.