Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CN Blackfoot Vegreville Subs V2 - CAN99v2

If you follow the instructions for each activity, ie to go a particular siding, the ai train will pass you by.

There are a number of routes that are dark, just like the real world.
    These routes are run by radio train orders.
    Cheers
    Derek

I've made a number of activities for my own use on Blackfoot 2 and 3. Unsignalled routes are one reason that OR has a dispatch window and the ability to take the sim out of automatic operation and manually operate switches. Instead of discarding one of the best-built routes available for OpenRails, maybe simmers should learn how to use the excellent tools available in OR. It's not difficult.

Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried ORTS's ability to have AI Trains trigger events and waiting points? This seems like it would be of a HUGE benefit for activities in "dark" routes.

Regards,
    Scott

Be careful, there were 2 published version of Blackfoot 3.

The first one was timed to be released around a July 4 holiday and consisted of one huge 1.3gb download that some users reported troublesome download issues with. The current version in the library is in two chunks (terrtex in one, remainder of route in other) and had some file updates through July 11.

This first version also had some late additions of zero degree nodes (MP 43, and MP 104.5-ish) in order to accommodate MSTS beta testers who were reporting broken couplers. These zero degree nodes were reportedly added after interactives were installed. In other words, the interactives were not stripped from the segment before adding these additional switch nodes. This was discovered when OR users were finding newly created paths were coming out bad or broken. Using my downloaded copy of the July 4 version, I quietly removed the MP 104.5 zero degree pairs myself and replaced them with normal track, trying to delicately un-f*ck the TDB, hoping I was gingerly walking back the #1 route building sin. After that, paths for OR were working correctly. The current 2-piece download also has the MP 104.5 zero degrees removed, but still has the MP 43 pair of zero degrees. So in the end, who knows the genuine sequence of these zero-degree additions and deletions and whether the TDB is genuinely fine or not.

Gandangara Estate, Sutherland Shire. N.S.W, Australia.

Hi

the whole CN Blackfoot download and install process seems to be designed for
    confusion.

How do you install different versions with the same .TRK definitions and
    keep them identifiable.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (Glad I'm not in Townsville)
    It used to be my favourite place in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    Hi

the whole CN Blackfoot download and install process seems to be designed for
    confusion.

How do you install different versions with the same .TRK definitions and
    keep them identifiable.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel, you can change the RouteID name in the trk file.
    Next change the "Name" and "Description" to something that makes sense to you.
    Next change the file name of the trk file to match the RouteID name.

Then make sure all the file names of the files outlined in the redbox in my screenshot are all changed to match the RouteID in the trk file.

I have two profiles of the FBL route, one is the standard desert route, another is an environment modification to make the route green, non-desert. The only hitch is installing activities, you will have to install them manually because you've change the RouteID name. But, that's not a problem if you use Ged Saunder's ( slipperman ) "MSTS APK Extractor v3".

bandicam 2021-11-18 14-07-36-707.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.