Thread: Operations window

Default Operations window

F9 opens the operations window as programed. However, when I click or double click (left click) The couplings do not disconnect. The left click does nothing at all, pointer centered on coupler. Any other way to uncouple units? The manual states uncouple with mouse U.

As I remember, which was a while ago, I could bring up Ops window and left click the selected coupler with the mouse. The letter U does not uncouple anything although I need the Ops window to chose where to uncouple. maybe I am misunderstanding the Mouse U thing?

Any ideas?

Dave
    Dave Kolbenschlag

Press and hold the u key and left click, in game, the coupler you want to uncouple.

For me, the mouse pointer doesn't necessarily line up correctly.... click below or above and see what happens

Rdayt That did not do the trick however eolesen did solve the problem. Seems my mouse pointer is out of alignment a little bit. I noticed the same affect on the site here. I clicked the "Reply to Thread" button and nothing happened. I moved the mouse pointer down very slightly below the "Reply" word and the box to reply opened. Think I will go back to my wired mouse and try instead of this wireless one.

End result: F9 now works and I can uncouple cars by putting the mouse pointer a little below the coupler.
    Thanks folks!

Dave
    Dave Kolbenschlag

The OP has numerous posts inferring mouse/keyboard/F-key issues. At some point, it needs to be put on his hardware situation.

In solving recent F key problems I have found that, for some reason, other programs running in the background have the same keys assigned as does OR. This affects OR for some reason. Twice I had to change the Key path or Keys used in the other programs to prevent interference to OR.

I am wondering if this is a bug in the latest version (1.4) of ORTS? I have ORTS V1.3 on my windows 7 computer. All keys work as installed I have the same background programs running. In the F9 window my mouse works as should. I believe the Key problem started on this computer when I updated to V1.4.

Something going on here.
    Dave Kolbenschlag

I can attest to the fact that a recent keyboard+mouse hardware upgrade has greatly improved my precision when operating trains in ORTS. Before, I was getting lots of delayed or dropped keystroke commands, and clicks in various F-key windows were often missed because of some phantom offset. My old equipment was probably ~10 years old, so it shouldn't be a surprise that an entry-level gaming keyboard with tactile switches and a high DPI mouse offered better performance, but it has been like night and day better!