Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Trs22

Hey Mike,

Yeah, it's that "eventually" part that makes me think 2019 is the better opportunity at the moment though I saw somewhere somebody said 2022 is more stable. And I think somebody wrote that migrating to 2022 wasn't that easy either but he figured it out. He figured it out?? Yikes. I've been looking at TS2021 and I can't figure out how to get out of the route editor without CtrlALtDel to get into Task Bar. Really? You can't run the RE in TS2021 without going into Windowed Mode? It's been 10 years for me since seeing the RE and mostly everything looks the same! This is getting down to flipping a coin or just going into retirement peacefully. I can't imagine how you guys stuck with this stuff for so long. - Rich

Okay, I get some of this now. Surveyor is still in beta and Trainz 22, most say is TRS19 with Surveyor 2.0 only it runs better. I was thinking that with 22 now available that Surveyor is out of beta. I mean who releases a new version with half of it still in beta? Apparently I've been out of this longer than I thought. *cross-eyed*

Rich, no it's not TRS22 that is beta. It is Surveyor 2 that is part of the Trainz Plus beta.

Surveyor 2 has nothing to do with TRS22 yet, as it is only a Plus feature at the moment. Accessed either by having a Trainz Plus or Gold membership subscription, buddy.

This is all to do with N3V overcomplicating everything and insisting on this separate membership stream. For anyone who wants access to new Trainz features, before they appear in mainstream Trainz releases. Some Plus\Gold membership features will never been in the main releases. Which is the whole point of paying extra for them. Agree that TRS22 is more stable than previous versions and here at least it seems to run much more smoothly.

In regards TS2022 or TS Classic as it is now known. I am sure you can exit the route building and scenario creation tools, without having to resort to control+alt+delete, Rich.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I guess the only thing that makes sense to do is go the limited "plus" way and purchase 22 outright when Surveyor 2 makes it out of beta. Thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it.

With TSC the official editor exit process is via the orange button into the sim itself which always prompts a save, no option to exit without saving. Therefore Ctrl-Alt-Del is the only way without saving, or possibly running in proper (as opposed to borderless) Window mode and clicking the top RH”x” might work too.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    I guess the only thing that makes sense to do is go the limited "plus" way and purchase 22 outright when Surveyor 2 makes it out of beta. Thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it.
    No Rich, purchase TRS22, when Surveyor 2 becomes part of the mainstream release. S2 could be out of beta and only part of the Plus stream or Gold membership. Before it is added to TRS22, but only N$V know the answer to that one buddy.

Yup you have to save to exit RE in TSC. Bear in mind as with any software, Ctrl-alt-del. Might cause corruption within the game.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Thanks guys, much appreciate the advice. Will do. - Rich

Just a few quick words about Surveyor 2.

Maybe I'm getting too old for change, but I have really struggled with Surveyor 2.

Everything I do in Surveyor 2 seems to have become much more complicated, requiring many more mouse clicks and the selection of an option from various menus. What was intuitive is not so now. What was easy is now more complex. It makes me wonder if those who redesigned the interface have actually done any route construction.

I think the rot started to set in with one of the TRS19 Service Patches that removed the buttons at the top of the screen for undo / redo. Anybody who has made a route knows that undoing and redoing are all part of the process. And used very frequently. Yes, I know that there are shortcut keys, but a simple mouse click is (or was) far simpler.

The layer system has also become far more complex, and consequently easier to place something on the wrong layer.

Progress? Maybe not.

Phil

Gee, that's the last kind of criticism I ever thought to hear from Phil about Trainz. Okay, so then it comes to the best time to buy Trainz 22 is to get it now as the Standalone version (probably not from Steam) and without Surveyor 2. We keep the old Surveyor and get the stability of 22.

Rich --

TRS22 Plus does allow you to choose between Surveyor Classic and Surveyor 2.

There are plenty of comments and support for Surveyor 2 over in the N3V Forum. Many do find it better than Classic so don't let my views sway your choice.

Phil