Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trs22

Surveyor 2.0 Looked very good. LOTS of improvements. Here's one look at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHnG4DixcKc

Dan

Question regarding the 2022 Trainz standalone, did I read this right that the standalone version will not include the Surveyor 2.0?

Rich, stand alone will have v2 eventually. But at the moment only Trainz Plus through the various memberships have access to it pre-release.

From the Trainz Store..............................

https://store.trainzportal.com/pages...simulator-2022

TRS22

PURCHASE

Immediate Beta access

TRS22 Early Access January

Trainz Plus Features & Content

Surveyor 2.0 - New World Builder

FCT - First Class Ticket

Access to Legacy Trainz Products

Pre-Release DLC Content

Content Vault - All DLC Access

Trainz Store Discount

Store Reward Points Multiplier
    Yma O Hyd

Thanks Mike, that clears it up.

I read through much of this thread again (just to get Mike's name) and there was a discussion between freelance and prototype routes and since I did both I'll say you really shouldn't be able to tell the difference if both are done the same.

Not a problem Rich. I have all your routes from MSTS and Train Simulator. All done very well and all worth having.

I agree with your last point and in that regard there a some really good freelance (fictional) routes for Trainz.

Including payware DLC on the Trainz Store.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I got a question for you Mike (and thanks about my routes), is there a really great place to learn how to do Trainz routes? This is where I'm having the most difficulty about Trainz, finding good tutorials. And what I mean by good are those that are shorter and to the point and not long winded.

Here's something you graphic folks might find interesting and if you're like me you never thought about this. In route building there is a ton of things to design and not necessarily the same kind of thing. There's a ton of variety and depending on the route theme, that too can change what variety is the focus. It might seem all trains, but the buildings, the foliage, the different industries, etc. Not to mention the tracks, switches, bridges, tunnels... goes on and on. I'm finding as I look into different graphic positions the one thing that worries me if I'll get bored on the job, doing the job. So, what I've been thinking is building routes again. About a year ago I bought one of Jointed Rail's routes, something about a coal line. Pretty short but the route used 3D models made with PBR materials and to me the route looked outstanding. It's a Trainz route and the only thing I would've been critical is Trainz's use of cruciform trees still. For low-poly usage what Railworks uses to me is a much better technique. Why Auran hasn't adopted that same thing is puzzling. Anyway, maybe it's from my earlier route building but having a variety of subject matter works for me the best when doing graphics.

Hi Rich,

this bloke does a series of route building tutorials. Starting from a bare board in tute 1 and goes through 17 tutorials all together.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wJKji2jt2YOabL

This guy is english, but we won't hold that against him He has done a series called the big build, i have watched a few and they seem to be pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...PJDDH-P5TUfuRV

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lTHfarcmp63XKS

Many other tutorials for everything in regards Trainz on YouTube, Rich.

Also have you seen the Trainz Wiki.............. https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...eation:_Routes

All sorts of different trees in Trainz buddy, to supplement the main Speed Trees. No need in later versions to use those horrible, what i call cardboard cut out trees.

I hope the videos are of use to you. I am no expert, but i will help if i can.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    .....I bought one of Jointed Rail's routes, something about a coal line. Pretty short but the route used 3D models made with PBR materials and to me the route looked outstanding.....
    "Coal Country", Rich?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Yep, that's the one. Pretty good route, looks great, but the driving part is still a little weird to me trying to follow the directions. It's been awhile since I've ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by rgarber View Post
    Yep, that's the one. Pretty good route, looks great, but the driving part is still a little weird to me trying to follow the directions. It's been awhile since I've ran it.
    Yep....it's nicely done, as is most of JR's stuff.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0