Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route Riter not installing

Default Route Riter not installing

Hello gang! I went to use my copy of RR last evening and it will not completely load. The screen comes up with an Error 380. I searched here and at ET and used some suggestions from ET to re-install it. I have the latest Java, and RR Ver 7.6.26 using Win10 Home. It used to work before I had to redo my Win10. Does the Java have to be installed in the same folder as RR?

I have almost everything working, now I have installed AceIt & TGA Tool separately from here. Should I remove them and let RR install them? I have RR installed in my MSTS1 folder away from the Program Folders as suggested. Also as per a suggestion at ET I installed a TempFiles2 folder. Still no luck.

The main window opens but I cannot get any part of it to work. I tried to point it to my Installation - the button depresses- then nothing. Using the links at the top yields nothing either. There are two versions of RR, here at TS is the one I have.

Thank you for any help on this.

Hi Don,
    No, Java doesn't have to be installed in the same folder as Route_Riter. In fact, I believe its correct location is either Program Files or Program Files (x86), depending on whether you've installed the 32bit or 64bit version.

Due to privacy restrictions imposed by Win 10, you must create two folders in Route_Riter's installation folder named TempFiles and TempFiles2.

Also, don't forget that a folder named classes must be created in the Java folder (eg jre1.8.0_211), and all the contents of the Route_Riter/TSUtil folder copied into it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Due to privacy restrictions imposed by Win 10, you must create two folders in Route_Riter's installation folder named TempFiles and TempFiles2. YUP did that.

Also, don't forget that a folder named classes must be created in the Java folder (eg jre1.8.0_211), and all the contents of the Route_Riter/TSUtil folder copied into it.
    The whole RR folder or just the TSUtil folder?
    Thank you.

OK, added the "Classes" folder into the Java Folder. I am still getting same error #380 and none of the buttons work. I have restarted my machine as well.
    BTW, Steam4Me site is not accessible? Gone?

Cheers,
    Ged[/QUOTE]

Here is my RR Folder:Routee Riter Issue.jpg
    Last edited by Don6218; 11-23-2021 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added folder as instructed.

"a folder named classes must be created in the Java folder (eg jre1.8.0_211), and all the contents of the Route_Riter/TSUtil folder copied into it"

Should look like this. This is for the 64 bit version which is the only one you need.

This is all of the stuff from the TSUtil folder, not the folder itself.

Randy

Hi Don,
    No, mate, not the whole R_R folder!
    Leave the TSUtil folder where it is in the Route_Riter folder and just copy the contents of it into the classes folder. It should contain 110 files (and NO folders).

The original Route_Riter FAQ contained this :
    I receive Error 380 when Route_Riter starts or when running TsUtils:'This has been connected to problems with the Java installation. Users have found that downloading the latest version from Java Manual Downloads for All Operating Sytems. Make sure you download the 'Manual Download' version because Windows XP SP2 has been found to block installation of the automatic version.
    Obviously, the comment regarding XP no longer applies, but I believe use of the 'Manual download' of Java does.

Tests I carried out some time ago, showed that either 32bit or 64bit versions of Java may be used for Route_Riter - I use the 64bit version.

Cheers,
    Ged

Thank you for that. I did that before, on the previous install, but as usual my memory is s**t. I will have another go at it.

And yes I did only copy the files, no folders into the "Classes" folder.

Hi Don,
    Also from the 'old' FAQ - I missed the part which said that Route_Riter must be "Run as an Administrator". The best way to do that is to set it using the Properties > Compatibility tab of Route_Riter.exe.

Cheers,
    Ged

OK, I will try that as well.

So far it is still not wanting to work.

Nope, still not working after all your good suggestions. Everything looks like it is in the correct places.

Do you have MSTS installed? RR checks the registry.