Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TrainSimulations Sale

I made a purchase off of ebay last week, and for the first time ever I was charged sales tax on the ebay transaction. Evidently there was a summer 2020 SCOTUS ruling on Wayfair v South Dakota that pretty much ended the long standing internet sales tax exemption that was tied to a seller's physical presence in the state you lived in. I think there probably has been plenty of sales tax revisions all over in various states in order to help pay for Covid costs.

As for foreign VATs, various countries have varying degrees of free social programs that are funded by VATs and I don't think it is the seller's or storefront's responsibility to point out that kind of obvious.

The first time ever that I was (sales) taxed on a purchase from SLI was on the KCS AC400 set from March 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    As for foreign VATs, various countries have varying degrees of free social programs that are funded by VATs and I don't think it is the seller's or storefront's responsibility to point out that kind of obvious.
    First, thanks for pointing out what I hesitated to write. As I read, governments are looking at "tax leakage" and how to curtail it. There is considerably more to write about this topic, but I do not want this thread to go OFF TOPIC. So what I alerted others to is to be aware that the savings might not be as expected.

Trainsim.com does not have a non train sim forum entry that I am aware of to discuss these things in much more detail. Elvas Tower does, within reason.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    I should really like Mullan Pass (I have several DVDs of the MRL),but that does not fit that bill.The rest,I have virtually all apart from the Rock Island and Milwaukee products,they are OR and I just cannot "love" OR for reasons already stated."They" have made it too complicated and do not listen to constructive criticism.It is supposed to be a simulator to drive trains,not sit in a yard while you create a brake on a 100+ car train,have a brake test and pump it up all over again
    Real life, you do the same dang thing on a daily basis, waiting for air to pump.

So you want a video game, not a simulation, with MSTS is a game, ORTS is closer to the real deal, with a few minor irritating issues that are bit unrealistic at the moment.

As mentioned, don't want to wait, hit the "Shift ?" button combo.

Anyways, I need to buy a few more items from TS.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

But I was being paid for that ! The fun (I mean that) was train handling;maybe not as skillful as US Engineers because we have a better braking system and shorter trains,but heading 22x100t pf AVGAS at 60 mph was a wonderful experience.

>because we have a better braking system

EP brakes are used all over the world.

We even have them in Australia!
    Cheers
    Derek

Stalinist,broke United Kingdom (Hey buddy,can you spare �1.3 trillion?))

I believe they are still using the Westinghouse in the US for freights but stand to be corrected.Much more skill required with it,especially with long trains.I was merely comparing UK to US practice,not the rest of the World.

Quote Originally Posted by ragtimer View Post
    I believe they are still using the Westinghouse in the US for freights but stand to be corrected.Much more skill required with it,especially with long trains.I was merely comparing UK to US practice,not the rest of the World.
    Correct, and Wabtec has continued its development over the years.
    Every train handles different, so you are always on your toes. Every day you learn new tricks and ways to run trains, from 20 cars, to 200 cars. I will say, I prefer 50+ cars over 5 cars any day of the week! Handles much better, regardless of how long it takes to build air or recover air. Just got to know your terrain and where you can knock em off and let them charge. Use of dynamic braking helps with this as well!

Anyways, that's going off topic.
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png