Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To The Sherman Hill Thread?

Appreciate that Eric, thanks. I’ll fire off a note to Nels later. The only thing I can think at this stage is someone took exception to our brief discussion of the “rainbow” containers, which was quite innocuous compared to that at the DTG forum, and felt it necessary to complain directly. Would have been nice as the OP if whoever decided to nuke the thread had discussed it with me.

Well it is what it is, guess we can carry on our discussion in this thread.

One thing that made me smile reading the DTG forum is the people complaining about stopping the trains! The braking sounds like they have got it about right for long US freight and all the kids used to stopping a German EMU in 600 metres from 90 km/h are struggling! Those of us who’ve dabbled in Run 8 over the years know exactly what to expect. So kudos to DTG for their work on the physics.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    You need to ask Nels what happened. Aside from asking to get away from rugby discussions, I didn't see anything close to over the line.

It doesn't look like either Dave or I (the two remaining moderators at this point) did anything with it, as any action either of us take the other can still see.... I don't see any trace of the thread at all, which means it was deleted by someone with much higher rights than we have.

To manage expectations (which seem to be quite out of line with reality), we (the moderators) are not here to answer questions, and certainly aren't monitoring every thread every day. We're here to give out speeding tickets and whack threads/posts that get reported for crossing the lines of community decency.
    I didn't reply to any of this as I am not a MOD in this section, looks to have become vaporware.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    I didn't reply to any of this as I am not a MOD in this section, looks to have become vaporware.
    Nah, they were discussing the DTG version that just came out, not the ORTS version.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

No answer from "the boss", so I guess something touched on a taboo subject. Just would be nice to know what, for future reference!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    No answer from "the boss", so I guess something touched on a taboo subject. Just would be nice to know what, for future reference!
    See post #13. Right above yours.
    It's from "The Boss".

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    See post #13. Right above yours.
    It's from "The Boss".
    The "Boss" refers to Nels Anderson, the administrator of TS, not Eric Olesen ( eolesen ) a moderator.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I'm just bossy.

Fact is that we don't normally discuss enforcement actions taken against specific people in public. These matters are better handled via PM.

This isn’t an enforcement action in the normal way though, it’s the complete removal of a thread for no obvious reason by someone not prepared to stand out front and explain, for future reference, what was so off skew about it. It really discourages posting on the forum in any area, place is already pretty much tumbleweeds anyway apart from a handful of regulars in the MSTS/OR sections and the site owner should be looking at how he can stimulate participation, not kill it off!
    Vern.

Or, perhaps it was deleted in error.

We remove a couple dozen threads daily due to spammers. It's entirely possible that someone doing spam removal deleted a live thread by mistake.

Either way.... Ask Nels by PM. Continuing to hash it out here is counterproductive.

I did PM Nels a couple of days ago, but no response as I indicated above re “The Boss”. Would have thought it unlikely a by then multiple page topic would have been deleted as spam and as stated the mods have no recollection.

I will send for Mulder and Scully!
    Vern.