Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Happened To The Sherman Hill Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I did PM Nels a couple of days ago, but no response as I indicated above re “The Boss”. Would have thought it unlikely a by then multiple page topic would have been deleted as spam and as stated the mods have no recollection.

I will send for Mulder and Scully!
    We, the peanut gallery don't NEED to know all the details, I understand that. BUT, if no one, Nels or otherwise didn't do this, as the website owner and as a MOD, I'd sure like to know what happened. A breech? Maybe that happened, who knows. But if that's what it was I sure hope someone addressed what was all compromised. Files is one thing, but how bout personal info. Hopefully a PM would be sent out should that ever happen. At any rate, this thing need to get back to central topic which is Sherman Hill.

We've discussed this among the mods and administrators and none of us can remember deleting the thread. Best we can figure is maybe it got deleted by accident, perhaps mixed in with some of the frequent spam we have to deal with.

By the way, if you really want to get hold of me it's not hard. Just send me an email: [email protected]

Fair enough. We can now move forward with discussing the route.
    Vern.

Quick heads up, blowout sale for DTG’s Festival Of Rail, you can pick up Sherman for £6.24 on Steam, presumably an equivalent amount in US$. Loads of other stuff up to 75% off.
    Vern.

You working for them now Vern ?
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    You working for them now Vern ?
    No, just figured worth pointing out it’s at bargain bin price.

Mind having run the first two Journey mode scenarios, I wouldn’t have paid full price. Horrible performance with all that 3D grass everywhere, stutters along. None of the other routes, even the new German one, do that.
    Vern.

Bin is the correct vernacular Vern

As i said on dtg's forum. A train game without editors, is a game without a future for me personally.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I was happy to see the Sherman Hill TSW2 on sale. Now, I will buy it and try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by derickavery View Post
    I was happy to see the Sherman Hill TSW2 on sale. Now, I will buy it and try it out.
    Give it a try but don’t pay any more than the current sale price. Even with foliage turned down to medium it’s still a godawwful stutter fest. I had to download a sound mod for the SD70’s which otherwise sound like a strangled vacuum cleaner and amend the engine.ini file to correct the washed out terrain appearance.

In addition it takes forever to release the brakes even with helpers on the rear. I eventually got moving but 20 minutes into my journey the EOT was still only showing 85psi.

If I had paid full price for this, it would have been refunded.
    Vern.

Thanks for the info Vern.