Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Happened To The Sherman Hill Thread?

Default What Happened To The Sherman Hill Thread?

Someone get naughty ending with the Sherman Hill thread getting pulled? Last comment I saw was maybe midday yesterday. Now I've noticed it's gone bye-bye.......

Wow. As the OP of the thread it would be nice to know why it has gone. There was a bit of thread drift at one point but it was back on topic with a good and fairly constructive discussion of the released route. If someone had gone off the reservation, tidy up or delete the post not the whole bloody thread.

No wonder only a handful of people use TS.com anymore. Perhaps the mods or Nels could explain or, more to the point, please put my thread back!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .....Perhaps the mods or Nels could explain or, more to the point, please put my thread back!
    Vern is 100% correct......that was a heavy-handed and completely unnecessary action.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well.....I hope it wasn't me. As I said. last I recall it was midday yesterday anyone had committed and it may have been me. All I said to a reply that Matt doesn't seem to have issue with the route was DTG probably makes sure his computer can handle the darn thing. If not that, then it's something else. But I've also noticed not a peep on RWA about since Nov 23rd which is usual. Other than the "IT'S GREAT!!" promo gigs, no really serious discussion about the route anywhere on the net except here. Some talk about about serious issues with the game when in Laramie (Explains why Matt in 2 live streams never showed it and kinda avoided questions about it) but even that seems to have disappeared. With what I could find review wise was the common problem is customers computers were really having issues trying to run the route.

That was pretty much the last thing I commented on (the frame rate sapping foliage) which is being actively discussed on the DTG forum, along with the temporary solution to turn down a couple of settings. No objection from the company itself!
    Vern.

That was pretty much the last thing I commented on (the frame rate sapping foliage) which is being actively discussed on the DTG forum, along with the temporary solution to turn down a couple of settings. No objection from the company itself!
    What's causing the foliage of the route to bring it to its knees? I wouldn't think that would be much of a issue unless one is using 3d scenery all over the place. I suppose lots of it would affect things. Particularly mixed in with the rest of the stuff laid down on the route. And a 100+ car train would really whack it to. One reason most of us don't run long trains. The average computer system can't handle it.

I say I have problem with foliage yesterday.
    Now today someone pointed out i maybe have done changes in engine ini
    And I have, but long time ago. I take away my settings there and now I don't have problem anymore. have all in Ultra again
    But now the scenery is different.
    With this new settings I have again great fps but now the the spruces and pines (even grass) changes very close to the locomotive.

This I have in Engine.ini So I guess my computer got 5 times more to work with before. (but its works for the other routes)
    r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.75
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=5
    r.TextureStreaming=0
    r.ViewDistanceScale=5

Someone wrote
    I might be wrong but I think with the other routes the draw distance is a lot less. On this route with the high draw distance you're asking it draw loads of foliage over miles and miles which to be fair we don't see. I think that's what's happening.

Well it's still not back (my original thread) and not even a personal reply from the mods or admin to explain what happened.

Guess I'll be doing all my TSW chatting at the DTG forum from now on.
    Vern.

Well it's still not back (my original thread) and not even a personal reply from the mods or admin to explain what happened.

Guess I'll be doing all my TSW chatting at the DTG forum from now on.
    One would like to think with it a 4 day weekend here in the U.S. Neil and the MODS are taking aeasy till Monday which is why you got no response. But that can be thrown out due to the fact someone went a pulled it some time yesterday or early this morning. Anyhow, on RWA, best I can tell, the usual suspects (The RWA fanboys of anything DTG) haven't said a word about the route since it came out which I find very suspect. One would think they'd be talking up a storm while bashing those who dare say anything bad about the route. Nothing much about the route has even been discussed over there period. It's crickets.

If someone had gone off the reservation, tidy up or delete the post not the whole bloody thread.

No wonder only a handful of people use TS.com anymore. Perhaps the mods or Nels could explain or, more to the point, please put my thread back!
    You need to ask Nels what happened. Aside from asking to get away from rugby discussions, I didn't see anything close to over the line.

It doesn't look like either Dave or I (the two remaining moderators at this point) did anything with it, as any action either of us take the other can still see.... I don't see any trace of the thread at all, which means it was deleted by someone with much higher rights than we have.

Quote Originally Posted by rt35ge View Post
    One would like to think with it a 4 day weekend here in the U.S. Neil and the MODS are taking aeasy till Monday which is why you got no response.
    To manage expectations (which seem to be quite out of line with reality), we (the moderators) are not here to answer questions, and certainly aren't monitoring every thread every day. We're here to give out speeding tickets and whack threads/posts that get reported for crossing the lines of community decency.
    Last edited by eolesen; 11-27-2021 at 10:10 PM.