Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue stalled train.

Default Rescue stalled train.

G'day all, I have installed the activity "bnsfbare.zip - test - BNSF Baretables" into "3DTS_TEH2 - 3DTS Tehachapi Pass II", I am using OpenRails.
    I have made the act auto run in "Autopilot" until it comes to where it needs to couple to another train that has lost one of its power units and cannot continue on the grade.
    I have been asked to rescue the stalled train but the signal is against me, I can press "tab" and my train is allowed to move through the light and couple up to the stalled train and as it has more power than it really needs it assists the other unit to reach where it can get replacement power.
    Is there a way I can automate the clearing of the signal with my train in autopilot?
    Regards
    Barrie

Not without breaking the rules.
    Moving into an occupied road is always a manual step.
    Cheers
    Derek

G'day Derek, I thought that may be the case but had to try it would have been the icing on the cake.
    Regards
    Barrie

Default loco error

G'day all, this is an issue with the same route and activity. I have attached a zip with the log file, basically a loco is supposed to get its sounds from "common.snd but OR is reporting some strange things?
    Regards
    Barrie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Slippermans sms_checker will find the problem for you.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/tslib....ight&fid=36945

If its not clear, post the eng file here and I will show you what is wrong.
    Cheers
    Derek

Default Mr fixit

G'day Derek, I need more time to learn how to use the SMS checker so I have sent you the engine files.
    Regards and thanks.
    BarrieEngine files.zip

Hi Barrie,
    If I may come in here
    I don't have the stock concerned, but, from the OR Log it would seem that the common.snd/ge_fdl/alias/CSX_GEeng.sms file requires the default HHP loco to be present with its SOUND folder.

Apologies if I've got it wrong

Cheers,
    Ged

EDIT: It appears that I got it right! I've found the original sound pack. Only 2 files are needed from HHP - hhp_brake.wav and x_hhp_brake.wav.
    Last edited by slipperman; 11-30-2021 at 07:22 AM.

First indications are that the HHP\sound folder is missing!

Ged beat me.
    Cheers
    Derek

Default says they are "aliased"?

G'day Ged and Derek, I have attached the readme that comes with the locos and it says they are "aliased"?
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie
    TKW_readme.zip

Hi Barrie,
    Yes, mate, it says :
    The cabview and sounds have already been aliased to NALW's Dash 9 cabview and GE_FDL sounds.
    I would have suggested that you need to look at the readme for the NALW GE_FDL sounds to see its requirements, but having just checked, there is no mention of requiring HHP or Dash9 (although they are!). I suppose that since that pack (gemegav2.zip) was released in 2002, it was assumed that EVERYBODY would have MSTS fully installed!!

AH, well, that's progress for you

Cheers,
    Ged