Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 years since last news update

Default 2 years since last news update

I believe it has been exactly 2 years since the last Run8 website news update.
    Would be good to just see a message on there saying we are still here and there is more to come but maybe there isn’t ? I really hope there will be more news as to me Run8 is the best simulator.
    —————
    Jason

Same sentiments here Jason, they are in danger of being left behind especially by the more casual players who follow more than one game. It's not like they even have a Facebook page or some other social media where they can connect with the fan base.
    Vern.

You scoundrel Vern, playing other games. How could you young man

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    You scoundrel Vern, playing other games. How could you young man

Mike.
    I've even been driving buses in OMSI2 Mike, after finally sticking with it, albeit I have to use the mouse to accelerate, brake and steer. The London and Yorkshire DLC's are very good.

To bring things back on topic, that's money which could have gone 3DTS/Run 8 way if they were putting more stuff out, like some Alco locos or maybe routes in the mid-West (St Louis to Kansas City type area) or green, granite mountains (D&RGW Moffat Road). I'm sure at one point there was talk of an Alaskan route which would have been a Day 1 purchase for me, but sadly seems to have faded to vapourware.
    Vern.

I stopped playing OMSI 2 Vern. Found it too frustrating to use the mouse.

Tried setting up my joystick for the steering, but could never get it to work.

I will only get back into Run8, if they incorporate proper AI controlled traffic.

Find it unrealistic, having to do 3 or 4 jobs at the same time.

I would like to see something like Seattle across to Marias Pass, which i believe was done in msts.

Or even an extension of the sections on the western seaboard, that we already have.

Not a big fan of US east coast routes, buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Agree about the mouse, wasn't sitting well with my neuropathy and the joypad has no sensitivity whatsoever.

Back OT (again!) I agree if Run 8 V3 does materialise we need the option of full AI control for other traffic, even for the player train if you want. That plus the ability to assign proper destinations to the various trains so they get routed accordingly. Maybe at some point I will fire it up again have another go at that "Busy SoCal" scenario.
    Vern.

Agree riding the cushions in my Amtrak owned addons would be nice.

No firing up v2 again for me, buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I would like to see something like Seattle across to Marias Pass, which i believe was done in msts....
    Yeah, it was a freeware route, Mike, and wasn't too bad for the day....although if memory serves it's elevation changes were inaccurate in several locations.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Just the BN "Funnel" from Sandpoint to Spokane would be nice, though set back in the 1990's when it was still Burlington Northern and before BNSF doubled most of the track. I remember tearing my hair out on the old SIAM Traffic Control game with that one, all those grain trains to get through the faster intermodal services. It was a deceptively simple one screen!
    Vern.

Thanks Bruce, memory cells have gone a bit troppo these days.

I also like the MRL Vern, or is there more than one ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd