Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 years since last news update

I'm sitting with my fingers crossed v3 hasn't been murdered to death. Run8, at least to me, is still kinda growing. I still see new players weekly on TheDepot public servers that I usually help out. So I hope that the devs know that there is still a slightly growing audience.

But really, if they were still working on it, this is not how to inform the customers that it is still being worked on, posting on the deepest darkest recesses of public forums online. Or pretty much having no outlet of communication except for a support email. It's what bothered me the most about these guys. But anyways, it seems we don't know anything at all, still.

Funny how I said this a year ago and people told me to quit being so negative etc. etc. Put it this way if V3 is a thing I'll believe it when I see it. Until then I am running my tag line every day. Barely come onto TS to check what has been "heard through the wire"

Thanks

Sean
    Rail Transport Systems for Run8 Train Simulator V3
    Discord https://discord.gg/HDKbMDzdzm
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanMurrellRTS

Sorry to bring this up again but I was bored this morning as I woke up early with very little other stuff going on in other forums or here beside that signal thing.

Over the weekend I was running my Railroads Online server with about 4 others (which is plenty to keep us all busy compared to a dozen in Run8 that's a drop in the bucket for the vast network and traffic) and we started talking about simulators in comparison to the simulator(physics) aspect. TSW was first to come up where one of my clients was from Hamilton and I mentioned how excited I was for Oakville until I started seeing the YouTube videos come out after the nice perfectly designed Harbourfront GO station (that of course has no GO trains). That of course eventually lead to Run8 because Bob was a former Run8 user. He said he would dump RRO if they made our region. I can't remember but I found that hilarious. Full converstaion is on my live stream from Sunday afternoon. As you can see we've been quite busy and other sims barely come up in conversation. 100+ new subscribers since October 2nd when I purchased and started streaming. 6 days a week (about 25 hours of video in total each week). The odd new employee coming aboard the server but mainly new viewers in the chat enjoying what they see and the fun we are having. I'm not even a steam guy, but I still love this.

After all this time nothing has been created to surpass the physics capabilities of Run8. But after all this time the only word we get is self defense of their product from the team. I told Bob it's become abandonware and there are people on that stream that never heard of Run8. I recommened the user (can't remember if it was Chris or Ghost) to purchase Run8 provided you don't expect any updates. You'll be able to run on a server or two and feel as real as it gets physics wise.

Anyways thought I'd post that for your entertainment and burial Nothing else happening around here beside the odd new sim that will never surpass how good Run8 truly was.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    .....I told Bob it's become abandonware and there are people on that stream that never heard of Run8. I recommened the user (can't remember if it was Chris or Ghost) to purchase Run8 provided you don't expect any updates.
    From Hyrail Facebook page:

"Hyrail Simulations
    January 8 at 2:37 AM

While I cannot Discuss Run8 currently, I will give you an Update on how things are going on my end.
    Work on Fitzgerald Continues, currently the track work and signals are complete and working well, scenery is the biggest time killer right now at 45% done of the 223 miles, this will be almost all single track with sidings except for a double track portion at Mauk and Dyson GA, this is a very busy freight route so I think you’ll like it. Think Rollercoaster

I am also doing a scenery enhancement over the A Line and Waycross cleaning up and fixing issues that Version 1 presented, adding a lot of missing areas as well.

Future Route plans include extensions of the Kingsland Sub from Jacksonville to Fernandina Beach, the addition of the Baldwin Sub to Lawtey, Finish the A Line to Tampa (separate routes) and extend up to Savannah on the A Line

So Run8 officially is alive and well and any rumors of vaporware are just uninformed rumors."

Two years and going on, off being drip-fed once in a blue moon, information from the Run8 team that V3 is in development with a few die hard supporters that you can count on one hand feeling the need to come the defense of the Run8 team from time to time which should never have to be the the case 😒.

On the other hand we finally have a third party route developer partipating in these forums with some screen shots and being encouraged with positive words about their routes and also releasing some information on Face Book.
    Despite a third party route developer understanding a little Public Relationship exersise can go along way, the silence from the Run8 team remains deafening and I'm still in the dark about the actual future of the "official RUN8 product" and thus still remain "uninformed" about developments of the simulator and what features they have actually implemented based on customer requests 🤔 and what I can look forward to purchasing and supporting should it get released by the next century 🤣.

As long as there is new content being generated by third parties, no simulator is truly dead until an OS change makes it inoperable.... something that still hasn't happened with at least one other Sim over 20 years old.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

What one calls abandonware or dead is subject to opinion. It's great that some have PR skills. In fact I've always found both Selkirk and Florida to try and keep the fire alive. The reason why many can't speak about Run8 is NDA's.

Meanwhile I watched a 2.5 hour video by a member of a team as they show testing of an update not released yet. It showed bugs to be resolved but really was motivational despite the rapid number of updates.

The difference between the two is how they conduct their business, and it relates to transparency. Being transparent and communicating to everyone that supported you by purchasing a product, word of mouth advertising, streaming on YouTube etc. goes a long way. Hanging behind a firewall and only showing goodies to friends and perferred groups shows a lack of trust and appreciation.

For me the feeling is mutual. Which is why I support teams and products who appreciate their customers who support them. It was a great 6 years, and to this day I still recommend anyone who hasn't felt what Run8 is like to give it a try. What they do with their company is their business. I got my moentys worth a very long time ago. Nothing beats it's physics. But in my eyes if it's not dead it's certainly on life support. If something ever comes out I'll take a peak at it, but will likely be skeptical of the value Run8 once provided.

Again just an opinion, but it's obvious it's not just mine alone.

Thanks

Sean
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 01-12-2022 at 12:48 AM.

Actually I'm a little more than a 3rd Party Route developer, What I posted was official from John and Brad

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    Two years and going on, off being drip-fed once in a blue moon, information from the Run8 team that V3 is in development with a few die hard supporters that you can count on one hand feeling the need to come the defense of the Run8 team from time to time which should never have to be the the case ������.

On the other hand we finally have a third party route developer partipating in these forums with some screen shots and being encouraged with positive words about their routes and also releasing some information on Face Book.
    Despite a third party route developer understanding a little Public Relationship exersise can go along way, the silence from the Run8 team remains deafening and I'm still in the dark about the actual future of the "official RUN8 product" and thus still remain "uninformed" about developments of the simulator and what features they have actually implemented based on customer requests ������ and what I can look forward to purchasing and supporting should it get released by the next century ������.

Should bring these routes to openrails it would be awesome.