Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Separation or Complete Packaging?

I've been enjoying these.

Question for you: where did you see the Ferromex auto racks - or what was the location of the photos that inspired you?

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    Many thanks to Shawn for releasing these cars. They will be a great rolling stock addition. One suggestion that I have for for simplifying modifying shape files, such as these cars require: it is much easier and faster to use Archibald to modify the .s files. Using Archibald eliminates the step of having to decompress and recompress the .s file and that cuts the time necessary to do the file modifications by about half--at least that is what I've found in modifying hundreds of .s files like these over the years.
    Yep, I completely agree. It's what I always use for this particular chore.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    I've been enjoying these.

Question for you: where did you see the Ferromex auto racks - or what was the location of the photos that inspired you?

Christopher
    I have seen FXE racks on the Pan Am Southern trains of 22/23K's, as well as their 27W/28N trains. They were very few and far between when we had them during out detours.
    Someone requested them here in the library, and they were pretty simple to make. May do some more in the future and expand from my usual boxcars, covered hoppers and centerbeam skinning.

Honestly, you can literally find any autorack in any location, as they are mainly pool service through TTX I believe. So you can see SP/SSW here in the northeast, and P&W/CR out in the western states, and everything in between.
    -Shawn Kelley-
    Retired ORTS/MSTS Content Creator
    Conductor - Eastern Maine Railway
    Probably on everyone's ignore list by now.