Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Separation or Complete Packaging?

A few more added, that I had found either in another folder or just needed a few tweaks to the files.

I am not going to set an exact date of when this will all be released, but it should be before Jan 1st. That way I can start the new year fresh with projects (focus on my routes).
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png

Shawn,
    Very nice work, I will watch the library now lol
    Thanks for all your time and effort, great work.
    Tim

The freeware portion will most likely be released before the end of the year, as I have that all set and ready to upload.
    The payware required portion, is another story. I need to go through and figure out which models I had actually used, and list the requirements of each car needed. I believe most of the cars are still available on their website anyways, so it may work out.

Thanks so much Shawn. I know this took an amazing amount of time - excellent work!

It's crazy - with the bare minimum of US content being released as freeware, this got me pretty excited. So much to look forward to.
    Very grateful, Shawn.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    It's crazy - with the bare minimum of US content being released as freeware, this got me pretty excited. So much to look forward to.
    Very grateful, Shawn.
    At least you'll be knowing, at least 61 pieces of the 85+ car package, is freeware content.
    Though I admit, I've been slowly moving towards using mostly trainsimulations payware products for my repaints.
    As seen here with some of the tanks, center beams, and hoppers.

Geeze... A whole trainset, how generous...thanks for your time and effort...Best Cheer to you and yours for the Holidays.
    Thanks Santa Shawn

SantaBlues.jpeg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Though I admit, I've been slowly moving towards using mostly trainsimulations payware products for my repaints.
    I think that is understandable, they make very good shape files.
    I for one own 95% of their content.
    Cheers
    Derek

It looks beautiful and I'm sure looking forward to it.

Like others, I feel that the most important thing is to do whatever is easiest for you to get released.

I have thought some about this question with my own releases. My conclusion is:
    bigger sets are better than smaller as it limits downloads if someone creates activities or activity generator templates. For me, I concluded that about 16 cars was an ideal package size.
    I also concluded it would be more user-friendly to split the packs up by car type so they can be found when searching the file library for that car type. But that may mean more work for you and I think getting them out the door is more important than every last detail.
    Christopher

Thank you sir!!