Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Separation or Complete Packaging?

Amazing Shawn thanks for contributing to our hobby!!!!
    Kevin Kelleher

Thanks for all the kind words. I haven't forgotten yet, but working 6:30pm to 6:30am Tuesday through Saturday really kills my vibe for ORTS time.
    Two things:
    Number one, I have some edits to the wagon files, specifically the freeware files. While the weights of the cars match realistically to what we see on the VRS, I should edit the rest of the physics to match that of what was done to the salt car package I uploaded a while back. Once that's squared away, I can finally release the freeware package.
    Number two, if anyone had noticed in the video I shared, I had a total of six? GATX locomotives, that we ran on VRS last year, and are now currently being used by NBSR, except 2617/2687, those two piles of junk we decided to keep.. everything is good to go in those, except the lighting. I think I managed with the 2687, but anyone willing to give a go on the light section of those engines, and then I can release those as well with the package? I probably can sneak in the Guilford GP40's and a couple others as well that I finished and never released. (VRS power I've done needs some freight animations I have yet to figure out how to make, CLP 204 needs a plow..)

Due note, this complete package will be ORTS only, they will not work in MSTS, and there is a heavy mix of DDS textures as well as ACE texture files. (I've been doing DDS as of recent, the ace files are the older ones I haven't released yet, dating from late 2019 early 2020.)
    https://i.imgur.com/LPZNEX4.png
    Conductor - Eastern Maine Railway
    Probably on everyone's ignore list by now.

I was hoping to get the freeware package out this weekend, but I am currently laid up on rest. Had a work related injury and currently looking into the results..
    I'll see what I can do with this package soon!

Hope it's nothing too serious Shawn, and that you're up and about soon! We'll look forward to the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt C View Post
    Hope it's nothing too serious Shawn, and that you're up and about soon! We'll look forward to the set.
    Thankfully it's nothing too serious. It's enough to keep me out of work for a week or two, but nothing major like a Concussion or Nerve Damage, which are the two things I was most worried about.
    Basically, keep a heat pad to my neck, do physically therapy, and it should help reduce the tension in my muscles and hopefully remove the knots, that are also possibly pinching my nerves in the area.

Anyways, today I am going to go through, and see about getting the physics up to their ORTS standards versus MSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by CSRX View Post
    Thankfully it's nothing too serious. It's enough to keep me out of work for a week or two, but nothing major like a Concussion or Nerve Damage, which are the two things I was most worried about.
    Basically, keep a heat pad to my neck, do physically therapy, and it should help reduce the tension in my muscles and hopefully remove the knots, that are also possibly pinching my nerves in the area.

Anyways, today I am going to go through, and see about getting the physics up to their ORTS standards versus MSTS.
    Thank goodness, glad to hear that. Be well Shawn. It's a HUGE -- Immeasurable -- difference between the professional and sitting in a chair moving trains around with keystrokes....Take care of yourself...Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours, Gerry
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Thank goodness, glad to hear that. Be well Shawn. It's a HUGE -- Immeasurable -- difference between the professional and sitting in a chair moving trains around with keystrokes....Take care of yourself...Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours, Gerry
    Thanks Gerry,
    It was a bit of a scary situation that I thought was going to end my career. There was a massive vibration from the railcar, that went up through my left arm, into my neck and ended there. I apparently tensed up and my muscles got all knotted up. Once we returned to the home terminal, I noticed my arm went numb, and then tingled. Thought nothing of it. Had a massive headache for two days, ended up going to the Hospital Emergency Room, and they discovered it was a tension headache, plus being extremely dehydrated didn't help my case. They pumped me with IV and drug mixture to help, and the next few days were laying on the couch at home 24 hours, or more.
    Went to occupational health to figure out why I was still feeling a headache, nausea, pain in the neck, and tingle feeling in the legs and arm. Turns out my neck was so tensed up, that is put knots in my neck and shoulders, pinching a nerve, which has greatly dropped since using a heating pad.
    I'll find out Friday if I need an additional week off to recover or if they feel I am okay to go back to work.

Amazing what can happen to you out in the field if you even slightly lose thought just for a second on what you are doing.

Anyways,
    Today I tweak the physics to best match that of ORTS standards versus MSTS standards, and redone most of the tonnage ratings to better match what the cars are designed for. Hadn't noticed that ORTS still goes with metric tons..

I completely understand, having had jobs in the past that required that level of continuous concentration. After a while performing the job you do arrive at a level of competence that allows you to carry on normal conversation while doing the job...and THAT's the point you have to become very aware of your surroundings and not take your abilities for granted...sh*%)^*t happens, even if you have nothing to do with it happening...just jumps out at you.

Tension headaches...are not only a PITA they are a royal pain in the head. I've had 'em. Relax, heal...give it some time.

Was there a determination what provoked that level of vibration?

See, that's another thing that does not happen when you're using the keyboard...or RailDriver to run OR. Thanks Goodness!
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I have tested the cars with ORTS based physics, and they should be ready for release. Hope to get them out soon, just need to make a readme file for the freeware package, and we will be good to go.

Other good news. Returning to work this coming Monday. Headache has been reduced to slight pain account of my neck being so tense and tight muscles throughout. Amazing what can happen to the human body, just from a massive vibration. Can't imagine running a jack hammer for 10 hours..

Glad to hear you're feeling better! Be safe out there.