Thread: AE revisit - edits call AI to vanish when running activity

Default AE revisit - edits call AI to vanish when running activity

Hello,
    My apologies - title should read. "AE revisit - edits cause AI to vanish when running activity

Over the summer, I posted of an issue I had with getting AI trains to link properly to the timetable window, along with the player train, after making any player or AI train edits to the main activity.
    Not only does it take forever to get AI trains to link when building an activity from scratch, Heaven forbid I make a change, and they "drop off", and I can almost never get them back.
    They all appear fine in the service & traffic editors, but go AWOL in the timetable window/editor - no matter how many different ways try to initiate and execute a save.

It's to the point that I can't edit an activity (the player or AI trains schedules or consists) without losing them, so can never modify time of day or consists. It's almost easier to create a whole new activity.

Any further comments, ideas/suggestion? I am open and anxious for dialogue.

Thanks very much,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I think what happens is the AI's are in the traffic and service files but don't get copied to the activity (.act) file which is why they don't show up in the timetable. I have usually been able to get them back by making a small edit to the Activity Info by selecting "open settings ..." then saving. This forces an update to the .act file.

I must have tried that a dozen times with no success. So, I started from scratch, building the activity over again. I saved all the AI traffic & service files first, then the activity, and they are now all in place and running in the activity as designed.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.