Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Route Riter Not Running Properly

Exclamation Route Riter Not Running Properly

Having difficulties running Route Riter.

Operating system - Windows 7 64 bit SP1
    Route Riter - version 7.6.26
    Java Runtime - version 1.8 (latest version)

Just re-installed Route Riter but it will not run properly. Continue to get error message "Runtime error 380" "Invalid Property Value".

Route_Riter_Error.jpg

Route Riter is being run with Administrator privilege.

Get Route Riter splash screen as usual -

Route_Riter_Splash.jpg

After clicking the OK button, the error message (shown above) appears.

After clicking the OK button on the error message box, Route Riter main window appears.

But none of the menu options seem to work from the drop downs at the top of Route Riter main window. I can't even exit the program using the menu option.

I can select different tabs about midway down within the main window, but the buttons don't seem to work. And can't quit the program by clicking the Quit button either!

I can minimize the program and exit the program by clicking the icons at the top right of the main program window.

Java runtime was installed (with Administrator privilege) first and a folder named "classes" was added to the Java directory. No apparent issues were seen when installing Java runtime.

Route Riter was then installed (again with Administrator privilege). Again no issues were seen while installing Route Riter.

The file contents of Route Riter TSUtil directory were copied to Java runtime sub-directory "classes".

Then Route Riter was run, but with error message occurring as described above.

Java runtime is installed here -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_311

Route Riter is installed here -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Route_Riter

And MSTS is located here -

H:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator

H drive is just a data drive and is not bootable (not a system drive).

I have had a look at some previous posts where people were having issues with running Route Riter, but these don't seemed to have resolved my Route Riter issues.

Why is Route Riter not running properly on my system!?

"And MSTS is located here -

H:\MSTS\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator"

Is it actually "installed" here or is it just a copy.
    RouteRiter needs the registry entries to run right.

Randy

I think it is actually installed.

According to Regedit, this is the registry entry under C:\ drive (system drive) -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0

​But I understand that there should be a registry entry for MSTS here (instead?) -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0

EDIT: I believe there may have to be a registry entry for Route Riter as follows -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Route_Riter6

I don't have such an entry within the registry. Maybe this is part of the problem?
    Last edited by PeterB; 12-14-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Hi Peter,
    The following is the required Registry entry for MSTS (assuming you're running a 64bit Windows OS) :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0
    The HKEY_CURRENT_USER entry will be present, but isn't used by software such as Route_Riter.
    The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE entry is created when MSTS is correctly installed.

Route_Riter should NOT be installed into C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) !

A new folder must be created in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_311 folder, named classes and the contents of the Route_Riter\TSUTIL folder copied into it. Also, two folders must be created in the Route_Riter folder, named TempFiles and
    TempFiles2
    After you've uninstalled Route_Riter from Program Files (x86) and re-installed it into its own folder, right-click the Route_Riter.exe file and, from its Properties > Compatibility tab, click "Run this program as an administrator".
    Ged
    Cheers,

Unhappy

Thanks for the detailed information!

This registry entry was made as advised -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0

The values within this key are as for other Train Simulator registry entries, that is -

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
    FIRSTRUN REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

I copied these key values over. Is that correct? Or should there NOT be the "FIRSTRUN" entry initially?

Route Riter was uninstalled and then re-installed here -

H:\Route_Riter

This is the same drive/directory where MSTS (and OR) are located.

The contents of Route Riter TSUtil had already been copied to Java runtime sub-directory named "classes".

"TempFiles" and "TempFiles2" sub-directories were created under Route Riter like so -

H:\Route_Riter\TempFiles
    H:\Route_Riter\TempFiles2

Set Route Riter executable "Route_Riter.exe" to run under Administrator privilege under compatibility tab as advised.

Clicked Route Riter desktop icon to run Route Riter.
    Got RR splash screen.
    Clicked OK.
    Then main RR window appeared BUT with another error message appearing; something about error 1001 with a bit of text following it.
    Closed the error message box.
    I then quit Route Riter by clicking on the "Quit" button within RR main window. This time the quit button worked and RR exited OK!

Again clicked RR desktop icon to re-start it.
    RR splash screen appeared.
    Clicked OK within the splash screen, but now got error 380 error message box appearing back again.
    Clicked OK within the error message box.
    Main RR window appears, but again buttons and drop down menus fail to work!
    Had to exit RR but clicking the "X" icon at the top right of RR main window.

So, Route Riter is still not running properly!?

Hi Peter,
    I can't answer the Route_Riter problem ... yet!!

Sorry, but the MSTS Registry entry you've created is WRONG!

You MUST install MSTS from its CDs (or backed up .iso files) to get the correct Registry entries.

Cheers,
    Ged

Actually I did install MSTS from it's CD and specified that MSTS be installed to H: drive!

So I don't know why any MSTS registry entries are wrong or missing?

Hi Peter,
    From your previous message (my highlight) :
    This registry entry was made as advised -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0

The values within this key are as for other Train Simulator registry entries, that is -

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
    FIRSTRUN REG_DWORD 0x00000001 (1)

I copied these key values over. Is that correct? Or should there NOT be the "FIRSTRUN" entry initially?
    Why?? You probably overwrote its previous contents! I suggest you uninstall MSTS and re-install it.

Route_Riter
    Error 1001 isn't a R_R error - see : https://www.wintips.org/fix-error-10...ling-programs/

Error 380 : This is from the old Route_Riter FAQ :
    'This has been connected to problems with the Java installation. Users have found that downloading the latest version from Java Manual Downloads for All Operating Systems. Make sure you download the 'Manual Download' version ..."
    Cheers,
    Ged
    Last edited by slipperman; 12-15-2021 at 12:33 PM.

And you can use which ever Java is right for your computer.
    The 64bit version works just fine. No reason for a 32bit Java version on a 64bit computer.

Randy

Lightbulb

I created the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\1.0 since it didn't exist to begin with.

On creating this registry key there was only one entry which was "(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)". There was no other data here. The "FIRSTRUN . . " data was manually added by me and didn't overwrite anything.

In any case I am in the process of uninstalling MSTS and then re-installing it again to H: drive.

We'll see what happens after this time consuming process which includes carefully installed updates.