Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP Chessie/CSXT PS-2 Hoppers

More random hoppers that made it in to the CSX era

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    These are really nice.
    What's the chances of more transition/mid century era cars?
    It looks like these cars hit the rails around 1954, two and three bay. With friction bearings.

Randy
    Randy, the base kits from North American V-Scale on which these cars are based has older cars with friction bearing trucks. I would highly recommend checking them out. I personally like running 80s/90s CSX and Conrail so my personal repaints tend to cater to that era.

On to Conrail

Quote Originally Posted by rrdiesel87 View Post
    Seaboard System and CSX PS-2 3 bay. Technically, these are the incorrect model but its close enough for the sim
    I have about 10 of these types hoppers in HO Scale. I used to see these cars all the time along the CSX Blue Ridge Sub up in Spruce Pine, NC. Great job on these.

CSX FAN

You are on a roll and I am really happy. These are great.

I was "planning" on doing some skins on these cars. But nothing happened outside my own mind. Was thinking of doing the Conrail cars, but glad to have them off my list. You did a better job on them than I would have.

The three bay hoppers match a model in the BLW stable. We've got a half done early-CSX set in our stalled que.

Christopher

Thanks for the appreciation, Chris

It's my effort to fill some of the gaps when it comes to CSX and Conrail. The NAVS kits combined with Photoshop have really made it simple to get these cars done efficiently. I've seen the B&O hoppers you guys had in the works and have opted not to do anything older as it seems BLW has it covered, I defiantly am looking forward to an early CSX pack if it ever comes to fruition, I did some GP30Ms using the B&O and Chessie textures a while back but that's as far as I got.

Thanks

Penn Central

Quote Originally Posted by rrdiesel87 View Post
    Penn Central
    All right! Now these are right up my alley. Been looking forward to more Penn Central content like this. Nice job!
    "After you’ve done a thing the same way for two years, look it over carefully. After five years, look at it with suspicion. And after ten years, throw it away and start all over." - Alfred E. Perlman

Those look great!
    Let me know if you need any source photos.
    Christopher