Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Driving Other Consist?

What is the name of Carlo's Helper Activity you donwloaded scottb613? I like to have it to see what it looks like?

Hi…

Yeah - this was years ago - this is not a “new” feature in ORTS - IIRC - it was embedded in a thread that Carlo authored introducing every one to the features he created. It was probably on Elvas as that seems to be where most of the significant development conversation takes place. You could build an activity really simple as a test - just have your AI Helper path drive into the back of a player train - you’ll see it attach - as mentioned previously - I forget how you trigger the disconnect after the help up the hill. You need to have the player and helper paths - the same - to the point of disconnect.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Here's another thread that may be of interest - looks like activity demo posted:
    http://www.elvastower.com/forums/ind...shunting-mode/

Regards,
    Scott

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

. . .

The other outstanding issue is to have some means of determining when my (player) train has stopped at (or near) a certain location before enabling the AI helpers to move to couple to my (player) train!

So how to achieve that last part, please!?

Thank you.
    I'm also interested to know how to get AI consists to move (and couple to player consists) when player trains have stopped (at a specific location)!?

I have had a look a various posts here and at Elvas, but have yet to find an answer.

So the AI consists have to wait until player train reaches and stops at a specific location before allowing the AI consists to move.

So how to achieve this, please!!??