Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Restoring saved game troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    If this folder gets crammed and has that much of an impact on the game there should be a mention of it somewhere.
    The impact is only felt by people who operate a certain way using certain habits. I have no 'fear of crashes' carryover from MSTS days so I rarely use the save button and the only time I do is when I need to physically step away from the computer. The location chosen was a hidden folder originally so I don't think the intent of the developers was for everyone to be "going there" all that often. We users develop experience over time however that may contradict the original intent, and sharing solutions like this is what forums are for.

Automated saves, saving just for the hell of it with no real need, that some users are currently lobbying for, adding more file clutter, is one of those things that the current saved activity cache system is not really 'ready for primetime' for.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Holding [CTRL] and punching F5 brings up old Hud. Holding [CTRL] and [SHIFT] and punching F5 allows you to page through all the screens of the old hud. Brake info, Loco info, Force info, Dispatcher info, all those usual pages. Holding [CTRL] and punching F5 again makes old hud go away.

One minor correction, it is not the CTRL key, but rather the ALT key. The above paragraph should read

Holding [ALT] and punching F5 brings up old Hud. Holding [ALT] and [SHIFT] and punching F5 allows you to page through all the screens of the old hud. Brake info, Loco info, Force info, Dispatcher info, all those usual pages. Holding [ALT] and punching F5 again makes old hud go away.

One minor correction, it is not the CTRL key, but rather the ALT key. The above paragraph should read

Holding [ALT] and punching F5 brings up old Hud. Holding [ALT] and [SHIFT] and punching F5 allows you to page through all the screens of the old hud. Brake info, Loco info, Force info, Dispatcher info, all those usual pages. Holding [ALT] and punching F5 again makes old hud go away.
    {Off Topic - apologies } There has been some postings about the AltF5 Hud key being too close to the AltF4 - Escape -- I've hit the wrong one by mistake. Of course, my fault...
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

^Yes, I've done that several times, too. I may change the key assignment to something less likely to hit accidentally.

Mod note: changed the title to something a little more descriptive than "getting sick of this" which helps nobody understand what the underlying issue really is...

Automated saves, saving just for the hell of it with no real need, that some users are currently lobbying for, adding more file clutter, is one of those things that the current saved activity cache system is not really 'ready for primetime' for.
    Reaching for the [F2] key every once in a while is too much effort for some, I guess.

Lost count on how many times I've cleaned the cache and roaming folders.
    "My dog got loose once, what I did was show him his leash & he came running back, thinking it was time for a walk - stupid dog."

So cleaning out that folder didn't help. Happened again starting a fresh activity not from a save.
    Will

And if you want any help, we need a log file!
    Cheers
    Derek

Hi,
    @Derek : Will has already posted two different log files, neither if which show anything relevant to his problem.

@Will : Have you checked out my suggestions in post #26??

Cheers,
    Ged

Quote Originally Posted by slipperman View Post
    Hi,
    @Derek : Will has already posted two different log files, neither if which show anything relevant to his problem.

@Will : Have you checked out my suggestions in post #26??

Cheers,
    Ged
    I haven't tried swapping USB slots yet. I'll get back to you on that and let you know how it goes. As a side note even though the update didn't fix the problem I am glad you guys talked me into it. I absolutely love the way the signals look now and the best thing for me is that it seems to handle memory much better.
    Last edited by Sleepy; 01-21-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    Will