Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restoring saved game troubles

Will, it does sound like a bug. After you update to the latest version, if it is still doing it, it would be a service to file a bug report: http://openrails.org/contribute/reporting-bugs/
    (Only after you've tried the latest version)
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I hate to say it, but Geepster has a point --- Trying to troubleshoot older versions isn't going to be very successful because so few people are going to have that same version installed, and fewer are going to want to try installing an older version to troubleshoot...
    Yeah Eric, I hear what you say,but I think that the problem that he is having is in the Route itself. As I said in an earlier post, I was having "Shape" and "Texture" problems around Lamar. That was also on an older edition than 1.3. It must be said that I loaded it up with AI and static consists and since I have the same computer that you have-it should not have been a problem. I havn't run the Pueblo-LaJunta Sub since because I couldn't overcome that particular problem. You and Geepster are right that he needs to upgrade. Since I upgraded, the differences are huge. Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    Could somebody please explain to me why when i restore a saved game there are several keyboard functions that will not work. Mostly the throttle. The escape key and F keys will all still function. This is really starting to get annoying. I attached the log even though I cant find anything related to the keyboard. Thanks
    Will: I just thought of this! Make NO GUARANTEE that it will work. When you restore the saved Activity,how long do you wait before activating commands? The reason that I ask this is that sometimes the Route will appear on your screen before it has completely loaded. Check the line at the bottom of your Monitor to see that it completes its process and disappears. Then when the Route materializes,just wait,let it freewheel for about 30 seconds to a minute to fully load,then try it. Once again,this is a shot in the dark. Let us know if it works! Brian

Wow. It's almost like asking for help with MSTS and the answers are "use open rails". As I said I have have only recently made the jump to OR and I'm still learning everything about it. Once I feel comfortable with it I plan on updating to 1.4. I didn't know if others had this issue and if there was a quick fix for it or workaround, there is no need for major troubleshooting. I have ran this route a couple times without any crashes from shape or texture errors. And i have never noticed if the loading bar was still visible once the route shows up. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Motomaster532.
    Will

>I didn't know if others had this issue and if there was a quick fix for it or workaround

The fix for 1.3 is to go to 1.4.
    Cheers
    Derek

Wow. It's almost like asking for help with MSTS and the answers are "use open rails". As I said I have have only recently made the jump to OR and I'm still learning everything about it. Once I feel comfortable with it I plan on updating to 1.4. I didn't know if others had this issue and if there was a quick fix for it or workaround, there is no need for major troubleshooting. I have ran this route a couple times without any crashes from shape or texture errors. And i have never noticed if the loading bar was still visible once the route shows up. I'll have to check it out. Thanks Motomaster532.
    No problem,Buddy! Just let me know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    >I didn't know if others had this issue and if there was a quick fix for it or workaround

The fix for 1.3 is to go to 1.4.
    Hit the nail on the head, Derek
    Swadesh
    Railfan from Bengaluru, KA, India
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/theindianrailwayfreak
    Happy simming!

Wow. It's almost like asking for help with MSTS and the answers are "use open rails".
    Nah, it's like running MSTS without BIN or the MSTS issued patch, and asking for help on the out-of-the-box product....

Back then, the answer was "apply the patch" or "apply BIN". And rightfully so.

Well I updated. And it didn't stop the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Will

And there is nothing in the log.
    Have you tried any other route?
    Cheers
    Derek